All inclusive drinks package

Hi,I have booked a cruise on the Dream and i have got a free drinks package,can anyone tell me how they work,do you get a wristband? and how do you know whats included free when you ordering your wine etc with your meals,any info on this would be good,

many thanks

Hi,I have booked a cruise on the Dream and i have got a free drinks package,can anyone tell me how they work,do you get a wristband? and how do you know whats included free when you ordering your wine etc with your meals,any info on this would be good,

many thanks

Your cruise card is marked to show the drinks package. Only house wines free on the AI IIRC

When you board you get a card similar to a debit or credit card. It has your name, cabin number and AI on it if you have the drinks package. Every time you "buy" something on the ship you handover this card which is swiped. Any money you need to pay is taken off the money you deposit at the start of your cruise. The bar menu lists what is free on drinks package and how much you have to pay if the drink is not fully covered by the drinks package. If you search for drinks menu on this forum for whichever ship you are on you can have a look and start to plan whether to work your way through the cocktail list or

stick to your favourite drink if it is included.

Hi lolmerry,

Your cruise card will have AI on it and when the bar stewards swipe your card it will register on their system. I think you will still get a receipt, which you sign, but it will say £0.00p

There will be lists of drink prices on the tables and it will tell you what is included and if not included, what the supplement is.

At dinner you will be served with wine by he glass, but don't worry, they keep topping you up :)

SuzyPaul,not a recent traveller on the Dream but friends that have just returned did say that drinks that were previously free carried a supplement.We also noticed that last year from the previous year.Thomson are slowly eroding the AI list.

I had an all inclusive package on the Majesty. I had a card that was the size of a credit card with my room number on. It was used like a credit card every time I had a drink. When I was in the restaurant it was used just the same. At the end of the holiday I had a long bill that showed the drinks I'd had and the charge had been recorded as £0.00. I didn't have to pay for any drinks anywhere. I am all inclusive again this year. I would recommend it.

I've just read that other cruisers had mentioned supplements for some drinks. I had forgotten that and yes, that was true. However, I found it was a good list to choose from that didn't need a supplement. The cocktails were great.

Sailed on the Dream a few months ago, Cruise Card now has DP (Drinks Package) on it rather than AI as not all drinks are included. There were certainly more supplements than there used to be. Just found the drinks menu that "fell into my bag" ;)

Sea Breeze, Sex on the beach, Cosmopolitan, carry a £1.20 surcharge. The biggest disappointment for me was that the Pina Colada and other coladas now carry the supplement too. Some "named" spirits have been added to the supplements too - Bombay Saphire gin used to be free now that has the £1.20 added charge.

So long as you ask for Coke or other soft drinks by the glass they are free. If you ask for a can you are charged at 95p.(Even though your glass is poured from said can !)

Can't believe Bombay is no longer AI that won't go down well with DH !!!

When was that changed? We noticed Tanquerray no longer AI but Bombay was the saving grace!!

I also notice Pina Colada now charged for and Mojitos but the spirits that go into these cocktails are AI doesn't make sense!

We are on Dream on 21st June for 2 weeks will write a review on our return , I have noticed there are no recent reviews coming on the forum lately would have liked to have an up to date view of food and drinks etc.

This will be our 16th Thomson cruise the last being Majesty in 2012 so we will see what has changed for the better and worse!!

bombay sapphire now carries a supplement :eek: thats not going to go down well!

I'm hoping that the payg prices are still the same?

Bombay Sapphire was included at Easter on the Celebration - have the menus changed since then for the Dream & Celebration?! :(

We went mid April on the Spirit (how apt :D ) and the pricing had changed then. Bombay Sapphire carried the £1.20 supplement then which was totally the opposite to our previous summer cruise. Cruise choice :eek: gin was still free or £3.30 on PAYG. Gordon' was £3.90 of free on DP. Tanqueray and Bombay were £4.10 on the PAYG.

Just returned on the Dream. Yes They do seem to be adding more drinks to the premium range ( well it is a premium ship ) This is the first time we have not had the package and our bill was a lot less than the full price of £796 .If you are paying full price for it you need to drink a large amount to cover the cost

We have just returned from the dream on sat. We were all inclusive it has AI on your card and each time u get a drink they swipe the card and you sign a copy which should say 0.00. If u have to pay they tell u first. Sometimes they didnt swipe it they just said ok. I have brought a bar menu home but I dont know how to download it

Edited by tyrone01

its all exactly the same apart from the bombay saphire which is 1.20 extra. We liked black russians but had to pay extra for tia maria so asked them to make it with their local liqueor and it was just the same and very strong