Riviera...air schedule

mom2travel

Just rec'd air schedule from Oceania for our August cruise porting from Rome. Purchased air and transfers from Oceania and they have us flying out of Rome at 11:15am. It seems like it would be difficult to make that flight? Any feedback? I just hate to spend my morning rushing just to miss the flight but don't think I want to pay the deviation fee for a later flight.,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1. Are you someone who requires longer time transfer times (e.g., wheelchair, walker)?

2. Where does your flight from Rome land (i.e., is it to another European hub city like Frankfurt or is it across the Atlantic like JFK?)?

If you have normal mobility and if the FCO flight is to within Europe/Schengen, then you don't really need to be at the airport 3 hours before departure because it's considered a domestic flight (although you still need to factor in the logistics of FCO).

If you arrange for transport to pick you up by 7:00a.m. (or buy the transfer from O), you should have enough time.

Normal mobility:) I'm not familiar with the airport or port but my understanding is it's about a 1.5 hour drive to airport from port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it is a long drive but

you mention that you bought transfers from O so they will get you there on time.

They are responsible for your making the flight.

Edited by orchestrapal

Looks like the ship will be in by 6am so you will probably be on the bus by 6:30am

We do not like rushing to the airport after a cruise so the deviation fee is well worth the price to choose our own flights

YMMV

we are on the Riviera t/a on Nov 14 Our flight to Barcelona from Vancouver has a 1.5 hour flight change at Heathrow. Ii'm worried about our luggage making the connection. Has anyone done a similar connection

we are on the Riviera t/a on Nov 14 Our flight to Barcelona from Vancouver has a 1.5 hour flight change at Heathrow. Ii'm worried about our luggage making the connection. Has anyone done a similar connection

The luggage barcode system at Heathrow seems to have come into its' own after years of teething problems, so your luggage will be the least of your worries.

The big challenge will be getting yourself from Plane A to Plane B without having a nervous breakdown.

We've never been able to Transition from an International to a Domestic Flight at Heathrow without going through Security for a second time.....and don't even THINK about buying anything in the Duty Free shops in Vancouver or on the Airplane.....the EU customs staff in Britain will be running around in small circles if you do :eek:

Edited by JimandStan

The luggage barcode system at Heathrow seems to have come into its' own after years of teething problems, so your luggage will be the least of your worries.

The big challenge will be getting yourself from Plane A to Plane B without having a nervous breakdown.

We've never been able to Transition from an International to a Domestic Flight at Heathrow without going through Security for a second time.....and don't even THINK about buying anything in the Duty Free shops in Vancouver or on the Airplane.....the EU customs staff in Britain will be running around in small circles if you do :eek:

In addition to the passenger getting to their next flight, believe they will need to collect their luggage after immigration and prior to customs and then recheck the luggage before again going thru security for the connecting flight.

All in all think 1.5 hours connection from an International flight in any airport is a real challenge and if the inbound flight is late, all bets are off. Even if the minimum connection time is 1.5 hours, better to connect to a later flight to avoid a disappointing experience.

In addition to the passenger getting to their next flight, believe they will need to collect their luggage after immigration and prior to customs and then recheck the luggage before again going thru security for the connecting flight.

Our bags have always been through checked to the final destination

I agree with Jim

We have NEVER landed on time at LHR :eek:

then you usually have to change terminals so then you need to line up for security AGAIN

I avoid connecting at LHR at all costs

Lyn

Embarkation on this year's Riviera TA is November 15. That fact still doesn't remove the danger of missing your flight to Barcelona. The sheer size of Heathrow is daunting.

If I am wrong about the date, and Oceania changed it without telling us, let me know. All we currently have is the paperwork we received when we booked on board last year.

Mary