Luggage Delivery

Capri73

This is the link from the SB website.

We are wondering about this for our return from Barcelona after the Manaus - FLL - Barcelona trip. As the carrier from Barcelona will probably have a minute allowance! ill probably have to settle for smart packing, but worth a look ...

I recently used Luggage Forward through Seabourn. I was on part of the Sojourn World Cruise. I had my 70lb suitcase sent from my home to Hong Kong and shipped it back home after disembarking in Mumbai. The service was fantastic. The total cost was $950.00. It was well worth it not to have to deal with baggage claim and much shorter time in customs etc.:) I will use it again on my next cruise in October.

Yes, we are getting more details now, and it is BA. But we will still probably be over the baggage limit after a long cruise and having travelled out American Airlines - which, I seem to remember allows two hold bags each, but the luggage allowances are all still blank on our booking details.

I am sure you know this but it is far cheaper to take your luggage with you than to ship it.

For us, the benefit of shipping it is the convenience of not having to deal with the luggage on our return.

The prices do vary based on the weight of the luggage and also where you are shipping it from and to. It's easy to get pricing directly from them which we have done and the pricing has been sent to us within 24 hours of inquiry.

Have a great cruise.

Keith

Shipping luggage is one of the best expenditures of money I can think of. Just the anticipation of being bale to go through the airport with no luggage makes it worth it to me.

I agree. I came to this conclusion three years ago and since that time we ship our luggage to and from our cruises. It just makes everything a lot easier a the airport. On our return home it has the added benefit that we don't face unpacking the luggage for a few more days after we return.

I just look at it that it is part of the total costs when we travel

Keith

Yes, we are getting more details now, and it is BA. But we will still probably be over the baggage limit after a long cruise and having travelled out American Airlines - which, I seem to remember allows two hold bags each, but the luggage allowances are all still blank on our booking details.

Depends on whether you are travelling Club Europe or economy on BA. The Club baggage allowance will probably be fine if you're going out with AA transatlantic - about the same. If you've some time to go before your trip and are booked BA economy ex BCN keep your eyes on their website for upgrade offers which come up quite often on short haul European routes and mean you get Club with all the benefits (inc extra baggage allowance) for as little as 50-75 euros a passenger.