RCI Emails addresses of CEO and President

My wife and I are very experienced cruisers, usually every 2-3 months. HAL is our preferred line.

I booked three cabins for a 5 day cruise, Ft Lauderdale, Key West and Grand Cayman, departed May 31 and returned June 5th.

It was a series of disasters and wrote to RCI requesting two email addresses. I received a robot reply but as of yet, no response. I guess I'll have to call.

Imagine, no towels in the staterooms until 6-pm, no soap and told by the cabin steward that shampoo is reserved for the suite holders! OMG, the cheapest mom and pop motels provide shampoo.

The six of us were assigned to three different tables for dinner, later corrected to a community table!

More than $100 of phone charges erroneously posted to my bill; Only THE accountant (only one on the ship) could investigate and remove the charge.

I use a CPAP machine and needed an extension. I got that and it was an 8 hour affair to get duct tape to cover the cord as to prevent tripping. My wife had broken her ankle two weeks earlier and nearly tripped over the cord.

They made us feel like we were the problem. For what it's worth, we have never complained about anything on previous cruises, 7 in the last 12 months alone.

The ship was the Vision of the Seas.

M

I use a CPAP machine and needed an extension. I got that and it was an 8 hour affair to get duct tape to cover the cord as to prevent tripping. My wife had broken her ankle two weeks earlier and nearly tripped over the cord.

Yea, the extension cord is a pain on Vision class ships due to only 1 outlet in the room. I usually unplug it during the day and put the bath mat over it at night.

I'll bite! All those cruises and you just found Cruise Critic. What a good break for you.

You might try calling customer service to see if they can give you a better email address. We’ve used the on-line address once or twice and while we’ve received the auto response, we often get a real response in a week or two.

Many of the items you listed likely should have been addressed while on board.

Just for future reference, there is generally a shampoo dispenser in EVERY shower on every ship . A small bar of soap is also provided in ALL cabins. Small bottles of other products are only provided in suites or for higher level cruisers

enjoy HAL

M

While cruising on RCL several years ago from Barcelona we arrived and checked in. We were to0ld (there were 3 of us) that our cabin was not ready, and that was fine with us, we just wanted to drop our carry on's and then check out the ship. We get to the cabin and there were drying/humidity machines running and some workers cleaning it. They told us there had been a water break/problem. So we waited and walked around the ship, and then went to the quest services desk to ask when our cabin would be ready. We were told it might not be available, and that we had to wait till everyone was checked in to see if there was a cabin for us!! REALLY!!! We walked around again and finally close to sailing, they told us the cabin would not be ready, but they found something for us and would bring our luggage to the new cabin. It was smaller, and they DID NOT bring our luggage in time for dinner, so we went and dragged it down ourselves. Nothing was offered to us, not even a bottle of wine at dinner. We slept in this tiny cabin, had to climb over our luggage, and the next day moved our luggage again to the cabin that smelled horrible and was still damp. We had to continue to stand in line each time we needed info about the cabin! I felt RCL should have treated us better and treated us like guests in their home, and taken care of us, but we had to do all the checking. I won't cruise RCL again because of the way we were treated, and I am sure this will cause some flaming, but unless you were there and I could tell you more, but this is enough. It was not a nice experience.

BUT keep on RCL and fight for what you think you deserve. We did

While cruising on RCL several years ago from Barcelona we arrived and checked in. We were to0ld (there were 3 of us) that our cabin was not ready, and that was fine with us, we just wanted to drop our carry on's and then check out the ship. We get to the cabin and there were drying/humidity machines running and some workers cleaning it. They told us there had been a water break/problem. So we waited and walked around the ship, and then went to the quest services desk to ask when our cabin would be ready. We were told it might not be available, and that we had to wait till everyone was checked in to see if there was a cabin for us!! REALLY!!! We walked around again and finally close to sailing, they told us the cabin would not be ready, but they found something for us and would bring our luggage to the new cabin. It was smaller, and they DID NOT bring our luggage in time for dinner, so we went and dragged it down ourselves. Nothing was offered to us, not even a bottle of wine at dinner. We slept in this tiny cabin, had to climb over our luggage, and the next day moved our luggage again to the cabin that smelled horrible and was still damp. We had to continue to stand in line each time we needed info about the cabin! I felt RCL should have treated us better and treated us like guests in their home, and taken care of us, but we had to do all the checking. I won't cruise RCL again because of the way we were treated, and I am sure this will cause some flaming, but unless you were there and I could tell you more, but this is enough. It was not a nice experience.

BUT keep on RCL and fight for what you think you deserve. We did

How many years ago was that?

And even though you won't cruise RCCL based on an experience years ago you still frequent the RCCL board!

If you don't cruise Royal that's fine. There are plenty of other choices out there.

My wife and I are very experienced cruisers, usually every 2-3 months. HAL is our preferred line.

I booked three cabins for a 5 day cruise, Ft Lauderdale, Key West and Grand Cayman, departed May 31 and returned June 5th.

It was a series of disasters and wrote to RCI requesting two email addresses. I received a robot reply but as of yet, no response. I guess I'll have to call.

For complaints post cruise you should fill out this form: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do?ref=postcmnt

As an experienced cruiser you are probably aware that the Hotel Director (HD) on the cruise ship is the person responsible for all the areas with which you had problems. If you were not successful in getting them resolved at the immediate supervisor level then the HD would have been happy to get them resolved for you.

I don't think these are issues that a company President wants to deal with if not first addressed at the working level.

I don't think these are issues that a company President wants to deal with if not first addressed at the working level.

I had a very poor experience with my insurance company recently. When I asked for contact information for an area manager / director I was given the CEO's information. I responded that I did not think the CEO or CEO's office cared about a customer service issue and I wanted to address the proper person. I was again told to contact the CEO.

Feeling like I was being blown off I decided I may as well make use of the information I had at hand. I contacted the CEO's office and in less than 24 hours I had the Director of Operations for my state calling ME and working through the issue. I don't always think going to the top is proper because it's not their roles to address customer complaints, but now I recognize that it gets fires lit in the right places and it keeps C suite level people aware of issues at day to day customer interaction levels.

I don't know, or care, what the OP's end game is, but the whole tone of this thread is super negative and nasty towards them. If the OP had said "I have been on 50 cruises and this RCI one was the best! I want the CEO and Presidents info to write them directly of how happy I am." You'd have seen 3 pages of people pasting in that contact information by now...

Imagine, no towels in the staterooms until 6-pm, no soap and told by the cabin steward that shampoo is reserved for the suite holders! OMG, the cheapest mom and pop motels provide shampoo.

The six of us were assigned to three different tables for dinner, later corrected to a community table!

More than $100 of phone charges erroneously posted to my bill; Only THE accountant (only one on the ship) could investigate and remove the charge.

They made us feel like we were the problem. For what it's worth, we have never complained about anything on previous cruises, 7 in the last 12 months alone.

Welcome to the world of CC.

A word in your ear.

Be aware, there have be posts in the past where CC members had what appeared to be legitimate complaints against RCL, byt having no satisfaction on the ship or with customer services, they elevated this to the heads of the Group, having received the direct contact details from CC members.

Some CC members received a small degree of satisfaction and some received a life ban. It appears RCL may not want people who could have legitimate complaints about poor service etc on their ships.

As they say "your call", do you push or fold?

The ship does, always will, determine who buys in!

I know this may sound appalling, and in reality it probably is, but this is the new nature of the RCL beast.

Please be aware

I await the flames of the cheerleaders.

Thanks for the positive suggestions from some and no thanks to the insulters. We did contact the hotel director and no satisfaction, I don't carry 15' extension cords anywhere and we are no whiner afflicted.

I've waited two weeks for a reply and still nothing.

I thought this would be a fun board, but I don't need the insults.

America is about choices and we have many choices when it comes to cruising.

BTW, RCI removed the dispensers from the showers on The Vision of the Sea in all cabins except suites.

If you want shampoo, you have to make a special request.

Figuring I dropped thousands of dollars on this family cruise, freaking shampoo should be a given, not a special request.

This will be my last posting on the subject. I guess its anonymous so some of the few jerks on here can just run their mouth!