Check in question, need some help

Wife and I are both platinum, 11 days short of diamond. We are planning on taking my daughter, her husband and our 2 grandkids this fall. We did this a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly we were able to go through priority check in if we were all using my credit card. Do I remember correctly or was I dreaming? THANKS.

We just had the same situation in Tampa. Daughter, Gold, on my account and bf had to board with reg zoned. Only we had Priority. Not a biggie-- they soon joined us. Don't think they had the squash we did boarding. :) Tampa, not good.

Carnival has caught on to this and has closed the loophole.

The only other non-Platinum pax that can board with Platinum are minor children.

From Carnival's FAQs:

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, PRIORITY and state, if you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the PRIORITY lounge.

Just ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

Please Note:

• We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

• Deluxe Suite Accommodations include the following categories: CS ES GS SS VS OS JS OB

For those guests traveling with additional staterooms that do not fall into either of the categories above, these additional staterooms may check in through the Priority Check-In Program only if there are minor children traveling in them.

Edited by KenMo