Does the Viking Magni Exist?

babs135

It is not that Google works differently, it is Viking electing to direct people to specific different versions of their website based on the geographic location.

When I an in the USA I can go to either the .com or the .co.uk site, but if I'm in the UK I can only go to the .co.uk site, any attempt to reach the .com will simply redirect me to .co.uk.

Guess that was what I was trying to say... Different location = different results ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Had this problem with the Viking site until the beginning of January. I thought it was the cookies and my IP address. Whatever I did I could not access either the .com or the co.uk. I was always directed or redirected to the German website. Now the German one is not operating anymore, I can access the others.

When I search, some sites ask me if I want to switch to the German site or version. Nice to have the option and not be automatically blocked from accessing pages...

notamermaid

I search on yahoo and the same thing is happening not with all sites just some and it is fairly recent. Up to a month or two ago searching .com I could access all US sites but not now.

It is a choice that the site owners make, Viking in this case obviously.

Many retailers do this so people only see prices that are relevant to their market.