Alaska RT from SF- Answers to Vow Renewal,Chef's Table,Ultimate Ship's Tour Questions

luv2c00k

Just back from the Star Princess RT San Francisco to Alaska cruise - will answer any questions you might have.

We did the All Inclusive Drink Package, Vow Renewal, Chef's Table, Ultimate Ship's Tour. We were also in a Penthouse suite - C748.

In Juneau we did a helicopter trip with glacier walkabout, Skagway - Chilkoot trail hike with float trip, Ketchican - sea kayaking and Victoria - food tour and brew tour.

I will try to check in every day to answer any questions you might have.

Just back from the Star Princess RT San Francisco to Alaska cruise - will answer any questions you might have.

We did the All Inclusive Drink Package, Vow Renewal, Chef's Table, Ultimate Ship's Tour. We were also in a Penthouse suite - C748.

In Juneau we did a helicopter trip with glacier walkabout, Skagway - Chilkoot trail hike with float trip, Ketchican - sea kayaking and Victoria - food tour and brew tour.

I will try to check in every day to answer any questions you might have.

Many thanks for the opportunity to seek your advice:

We are booked to travel on the Coral Princess in September through the Panama Canal and are very interested in doing the Ultimate Ships Tour, my question to you is, is it worth the money in your opinion and what areas of the ship do you visit also how long does the tour go for.

Thanks in advance for any and all help in answering these questions.

Many thanks for the opportunity to seek your advice:

We are booked to travel on the Coral Princess in September through the Panama Canal and are very interested in doing the Ultimate Ships Tour, my question to you is, is it worth the money in your opinion and what areas of the ship do you visit also how long does the tour go for.

Thanks in advance for any and all help in answering these questions.

We truly enjoyed the tour. It is not something you would do multiple times but one time is really worth it. The tour took about 2 hours 45 minutes. You visit the engine control room, galley kitchen, food storage areas, butcher shop, laundry, anchor bay/engineering area (not sure of the proper term), the stage and back stage, you walk through various crew hallways, and of course the best part is the bridge and a chance to meet the captain. A photographer goes with you and you receive 3-4 prints of your group with various officers. We also received a Princess robe, Princess apron & Princess picture frame. To me it was definitely worth it.

I have copies of some of the Patters but no time to scan 11 days worth and post them. If you have specific questions I will answer them.

Shows:

Tribute to Elton John by Jeffrey Allen

Hypnotist was Matthew Fallon

Comedian was Rollin Jay Moore

Ventriloquist Don Bryan with Noseworthy

Various Shows by the Princess Singers & Dancers

The only show we watched was the Ventriloquist and we really enjoyed him. We like doing/watching the various game shows and also our favorite spot was Crooner at night listening to David Williams play and sing. He was leaving the ship after our cruise so not sure who will be replacing him.

Movies: These could change as the season goes on . . .

Now You See Me

Lego Movie

Enough Said

Gravity

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Last Vegas

Saving Mr. Banks

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Various older movies and concerts shown at times during the day.

Our weather was fantastic. Only really cold day was cruising Glacier Bay. That was the only time I used my winter jacket & gloves. Even when we did the glacier walking a long sleeve shirt under the jacket they provided was enough. I sprinkled on us off & on in Skagway and a bit when we were coming in from our kayak trip in Ketchikan.

I would like you view on the chefs table. Did you have to book it right away? (Maybe not cause in suite). Was it available every night? Was it worth the price?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would like you view on the chefs table. Did you have to book it right away? (Maybe not cause in suite). Was it available every night? Was it worth the price?

As far as I know the Chef's table was only one night during the cruise. I called the DINE line as soon as we were on the ship and put our name on the list. I have no idea if being in a suite helped or not. There was a total of twelve people. Was worth it - a meal of the same caliber in Washington, DC would cost probably 3 times more. Champagne & appetizers in the galley, then 5 more courses with wine in the dining room. We each received a picture with the executive chef and a copy of Courses - the Princess cookbook.

No excursions were cancelled due to weather as far as I know. Our excursion for Juneau was changed. The seas were rough leaving San Francisco and heading up the coast which made our arrival in Juneau delayed. We had signed up for a helicopter ride with glacier trekking (2 hours on glacier) but were moved to the glacier walk-about (1 hour on glacier). Pricing was adjusted.

I did hear at times that excursions were cancelled because there were not enough people signed up for the excursion.

FYI - my husband does not do well on small vessels when they are tossing. Even with the extra movement he was fine on the Star. Sleeping the first night felt like you were on a train with all the movement.

Priority reservations for The Chef's Table and ship tour is a suite perk.

This was our first time in a suite and I was not told we would get priority reservations for the Chef's Table or ship's tour. I do know that we did not get priority reservations for the anytime dining room or for Sabatini's or Crown Grill. If times were full - they were full and we had to adjust. I suppose we could have pushed the issue but it just wasn't worth it to us.

I do know that we were the first on the list for the ship's tour and at one point they were not sure it would go as they only had 6 people signed up for it. We were told it may not go unless there were 10 people signed up but they did let it go with 6.

So what day of the cruise was the chefs table? We are also on Star out of SF

The Chef's Table was the evening that we cruised Glacier Bay. It did take 3 hours from start to finish.

Please share your vow renewal at sea!

There is a similarly titled thread and I'm sure others would love to hear about your experience!

We booked the Vow Renewal prior to the cruise (think that you must do this) - it was the $225.99 package.

It was only my DH & myself on the cruise but it was our 31st anniversary so we said "why not?" We had a letter in our cabin when we embarked letting us know that our Vow Renewal would be on the next day - I want to say that it was scheduled for 4 or 4:30 pm. This was also our first formal night. Worked out great for us as it was on our actual anniversary. I also got a call from someone going over details and I told them we had written our own vows.

The letter told us to arrive at the chapel 15 minutes before our time. We arrived at the proper time and were greeted by a crew member in white uniform. She had DH's boutonniere and my bouquet (the bouquet was beautiful - I kept it in water for the entire cruise). The photographer arrived, then the captain. They started music and we walked down the short aisle together. The captain went through a beautiful ceremony with us saying our vows to each other. The photographer took loads of photos. Afterwards we were shown our certificate which was signed by the captain. They arranged to have the certificate & my bouquet brought to our cabin so we could head out to dinner.

When we got back to our cabin later we had a bottle of champagne with glasses waiting for us. We also got chocolate strawberries and a box of Godiva chocolates.

The photographer contacted us a couple days later to look at our pictures. There are multiple packages you can buy but you get one picture in a commemorative frame.

We also received an invitation from the captain to visit the Bridge on one of our sea days. It was all done very tastefully and we felt special for our day. Considering how much you can spend on doing a Vow Renewal this was just right for us.

We are sailing on the Star in Sept from S.F. to Alaska. Sailed to Alaska in 2006 from Vancouver. At that time each person was handed a coupon booklet upon boarding to use at the ports in various shops. Nice gifts at cheap prices. Was this done when you boarded? So excited to be sailing on the Star. Thanks.

We are sailing on the Star in Sept from S.F. to Alaska. Sailed to Alaska in 2006 from Vancouver. At that time each person was handed a coupon booklet upon boarding to use at the ports in various shops. Nice gifts at cheap prices. Was this done when you boarded? So excited to be sailing on the Star. Thanks.

Yes - there was a coupon book that we received. Must admit I did not look at it. Our excursions used up so much of our shore time that we did very little shopping. I just get Christmas tree ornaments.

We will arrive in S.F. 3 days before sailing. Vacationed there 15 yrs ago. Already have hotel resv. Do have a shuttle after cruise to airport. Did you fly in ? If so, re: ship to airport, any problems with traffic? We plan for an early walk off. Again, thanks. Keep the great posts coming.

We will arrive in S.F. 3 days before sailing. Vacationed there 15 yrs ago. Already have hotel resv. Do have a shuttle after cruise to airport. Did you fly in ? If so, re: ship to airport, any problems with traffic? We plan for an early walk off. Again, thanks. Keep the great posts coming.

I was on this cruise also. I booked Princess transfers for after the cruise. Once I collected my luggage, I was directed to the motorcoach, sat down and we were on our way about 15 minutes later. Took about 1/2 hour or so to get to the airport where I was dropped off at my terminal. 'Twas very easy and convenient. When we pulled out of the terminal, there was a giant mass of people in front.