seattle hotel

bones774

looking for a reasonable priced seattle hotel ear the waterfront area beg of July.

I just booked the Maxwell seems to have good reviews, but i can always cancel up to 24 hours. A included breakfast(n/a at Maxwell) would be nice thanks.

You might try Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union. Not on the water but it is reasonably priced and has a terrific breakfast that is included. You also get a two-room suite. I agree that The Inn at the Market is a very nice place and central to just about everything downtown including the water, but you pay for it. The Inn is our preferred hotel but usually off season due to the rates.

Another "thumbs up" for Inn at the Market. It's literally seconds from Pike Place Market and is recently refurbished. Also, my DH forgot his swim trunks, and I am happy to report that there is a Target located just two blocks from the hotel...five minutes tops. Lots of shopping and restaurants; we had dinner at The Pink Door, which is Italian and seafood predominately. I'm not sure which pier you are heading towards, but we had a cab from the hotel to Pier 91 and it was $12+tip.

I stayed at the Inn at the Market in March for a wedding. Fantastic location, lovely courtyard, helpful staff. Be sure to enjoy the views from the rooftop deck. Ask staff for directions to the elevator about 2 blocks away that will take you down to the Marriott which is across the street from pier 66.

Haven't stayed at the Maxwell but have driven by it a number of times. Handy location. and since it's in a residential type area there are grocery stores and restaurants nearby. If you miss their shuttle to downtown or the Space Needle/Seattle Center it's an easy walk, And from there you can catch the monorail downtown in 5 minutes.

If you do a search on this forum using the word MAXWELL, you 'll see that other cruisers have enjoyed their stays there.

Free b'fast ... price Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn, or Hampton, in the Seattle Center area.

We just returned last night from Alaska and spent 3 nights before the cruise at the Moore Hotel. It was extremely reasonable!!! Less than $400 for 3 nights and that's very low for Seattle! It was built in 1907 and had sooo much character!!!! We even had a claw foot tub! It was an easy two block walk to the market and we couldn't have asked for a better location! It's well worth checking out!!!

We booked The Arctic Club (Doubletree) for early July. Have never stayed there but I have always had good luck with Doubletree hotels. Doesn't seem too far from restaurants, shops, sightseeing. I needed to book transportation from airport to hotel and from hotel to pier - the concierge was extremely helpful.

I got a decent rate on the Maxwell and unless/until something better comes along that's where we will be. Anyone know a decent breakfast spot? I don't wanna do fast food and I remember paying $70 for a breakfast in a restaurant in LA last year, don't want that surprise again.

I got a decent rate on the Maxwell and unless/until something better comes along that's where we will be. Anyone know a decent breakfast spot? I don't wanna do fast food and I remember paying $70 for a breakfast in a restaurant in LA last year, don't want that surprise again.

The espresso shop inside the Maxwell does nice breakfast sandwiches if you have something to do and need an on-the-go brekky, but you're just a few blocks from possibly Seattle's most popular breakfast resto - Toulouse Petit. If there's a queue try next door at Peso's (same people, same standards, just Mexican vs. Creole style food and much less wait time usually).

we are booked at the edgewater... not cheap but i made the reservations long ago for this august.. it is on the waterfront.

if you cross the street to the Marriott you'll find an elevator that will take you up the hill to within a couple of blocks of the Market.

Mapleleaves, I am so glad you mentioned that... someone else told me that, but i wasnt sure where it was! do i have to go inside the Marriott? that will be so helpful because one of our party, though young, has mobility issues..

The espresso shop inside the Maxwell does nice breakfast sandwiches if you have something to do and need an on-the-go brekky, but you're just a few blocks from possibly Seattle's most popular breakfast resto - Toulouse Petit. If there's a queue try next door at Peso's (same people, same standards, just Mexican vs. Creole style food and much less wait time usually).

Perfect, thanks for the tip.

Well you might as well give me the best tip for dinner, i'm with 3 teens and in the best restaurants it seems their favorite foods are chicken tenders or some variation, so bear that in mind please.

Edited by bones774

as I said earlier, the Maxwell is located near a residential area (Queen Anne) so you are close to restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, etc. Just walk a few blocks to the bottom of Q Anne Hill at Mercer St and you'll find many options. The hotel will also provide recommendations depending on what you're looking for.

The kids will probably enjoy Dicks hamburgers, at QAnne and Mercer. It's kind of like a local's version of McDonalds .... I don't eat meat but the fries and shakes are great. The kids will appreciate the Macklemore connection too.

http://www.ddir.com/

Speaking of teens, be sure to take them to the Gum Wall near Pike Place Market.

Edited by mapleleaves

as I said earlier, the Maxwell is located near a residential area (Queen Anne) so you are close to restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, etc. Just walk a few blocks to the bottom of Q Anne Hill at Mercer St and you'll find many options. The hotel will also provide recommendations depending on what you're looking for.

The kids will probably enjoy Dicks hamburgers, at QAnne and Mercer. It's kind of like a local's version of McDonalds .... I don't eat meat but the fries and shakes are great. The kids will appreciate the Macklemore connection too.

My daughter is a frie expert, sounds excellent. Sounds like a well located hotel.

Citizen Coffee on Taylor is quite good. Second the Dick's Drive In recommendation - the Dick's Deluxe is to die for! If you want something a bit different the Uptown China Restaurant on Queen Anne Avenue is also very good.

My daughter is a frie expert, sounds excellent. Sounds like a well located hotel.

It really is a great location--lots of good restaurants and bars in the neighborhood, and it doesn't die in the evenings the way most of downtown does. Toulouse Petit is my favorite--best breakfasts in town!

However, if your daughter is a Macklemore fan, the Dick's near there won't look right to her. The one where they filmed the video for White Walls is on Broadway in Capitol Hill.

Hi all,

Two of the kids asked if there is anything special at the "original starbucks"?

Special grande-sized (no, vente-sized) crowds lined up out onto Pike Place. The sign over the entrance also has the original logo, an R-rated mermaid vs. the more family-friendly one. That's about it.

Is Dicks anywhere near Kerry Park- walking distance...

Is Dicks anywhere near Kerry Park- walking distance...

yes, the distance is walkable, but Dicks is at the bottom of Queen Anne hill and Kerry Park is at the top. It's one heckuva climb. Incredible views though. I sure couldn't do it. If you can't walk it ... take a cab from the Seattle Center area ... under $10 and well worth it for the view.

Edited by mapleleaves