Tennis on Sports Court on Golden?

lbryant

We have played tennis on the Golden, the Coral, the Diamond and the Sapphire. Well, we have really played AT tennis.

The court is smaller than official size, it's a rubberized metal surface and is not perfectly flat, rising slightly in the middle. As this is a multi-purpose court, we have never seen the net in place although one is there. We do have fun banging the ball back and forth, getting a good workout. If you're underway the wind can really play havoc with your shots. If you have a good sense of humor, you'll be OK.

We bring our own equipment although I've at times seen a few tennis balls laying around along with some paddle tennis rackets. I wouldn't count on there being usable equipment for tennis.

Having been involved in tennis most of my adult life, I wouldn't even consider bringing rackets & balls on a cruise. You wouldn't get a physical workout, nor would it do your game any good.

Edited by Treven

The court area is smaller then half of a basketball court. Think more from the base line to the top of the key with about the width of a basketball court. Not big enough for tennis. Would work for pickleball.

Having been involved in tennis most of my adult life, I wouldn't even consider bringing rackets & balls on a cruise. You wouldn't get a physical workout, nor would it do your game any good.

Sorry if our enjoyment of hitting the tennis ball for the exercise and sheer pleasure of it isn't up to your standards. Sniff...