Muster drill

jervid

If you are planning an informal M&G on embarkation day, you could tell everyone to meet at a pre-determined public place immediately after muster--typically that's when sail-away happens and everyone is in a festive mood. You could say, "gather near the port-side bar on Lido when muster is over and wear your blue t-shirts and yellow leis," for example.

If you are planning a private function with Carnival, they will want it scheduled on the first sea day in one of their bars, like the piano bar or the dance club, and usually later in the afternoon. Be sure to contact Carnival in advance.

Here's hoping you have a great roll call and Meet & Greet. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

I agree. Pick a good spot, (Near the aft pool bar, for example) and have everyone head over there right after the muster drill is complete. NO PROBLEM! Usually works out GREAT, and there is no problem with interference with the drill. Besides, I always figure the cruise STARTS when the muster drill ENDS! ;)

"SKY"

I agree. Pick a good spot, (Near the aft pool bar, for example) and have everyone head over there right after the muster drill is complete. NO PROBLEM! Usually works out GREAT, and there is no problem with interference with the drill. Besides, I always figure the cruise STARTS when the muster drill ENDS! ;)

"SKY"

Cool..thanks all for the suggestions...

"SKY"

I never had a good turn out for the meet and greet after the muster drill. People are tired-- they want to unpack and get ready for dinner.

If you want a bigger turn out make it for the next morning. or schedule two for those who cant make it to the first one

Muster Drill is usually an hour before embarking. If the ship leaves at 5:45 pm for example, the muster drill will be at 4:45g[/img][/url]

I have been on ships that the sail away happens right after muster..

i agree with the above poster-- people want to be at the sail away party

I agree with Serene. Most of the Meet n' Greets right after muster drill were poorly attended. The better time is the first sea day, set at a specific time and location and announced on the RC.....these were attended by many more people and much more fun....less competition with unpacking and sail away (which most people do on their first day).