CARNIVAL FREEDOM 2.0 - She's back & better than ever!

eroller

The Lido deck on Freedom looks awesome. I am so glad they moved those hot tubs out of the middle of the deck. They always annoyed me there. Looks so much better back in the corners where they are now. Hopefully they do this on the other Conquest class ships with the same bad layout (Looking at YOU VALOR!)

The Lido deck on Freedom looks awesome. I am so glad they moved those hot tubs out of the middle of the deck. They always annoyed me there. Looks so much better back in the corners where they are now. Hopefully they do this on the other Conquest class ships with the same bad layout (Looking at YOU VALOR!)

I agree moving the hot tubs really opens up the lido deck and pool. The pool used to feel very closed in but not anymore. Hopefully all the Conquest Class ships will receive the same treatment, and I'm sure they will in good time.

I can see falling in love with Positano. We loved it as well, along with Portofino. All gorgeous places!

Thanks for the review and great photos..we are on the ship in August and now can't wait..

also we were in Positano last year and loved loved it there...would love to go back but it's a very $$$ to stay ...

Thank you for your review and pictures. She is one of my favorite ships. Will be on her again in Aug.

You mentioned a light menu on Serenity Deck. Is this new? Is there a cost? I've often wished room service delivered to lounge chairs!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thank you for your review and pictures. She is one of my favorite ships. Will be on her again in Aug.

You mentioned a light menu on Serenity Deck. Is this new? Is there a cost? I've often wished room service delivered to lounge chairs!!

It's complimentary. You order at the bar and they will bring it to your lounger. It's a really nice touch and you can avoid the crowds at the buffet. The choices are limited but it's perfect if you don't want to leave the Serenity area.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by eroller

Going on the same 5 day as you reviewed next month, July 21st.

See you aboard! We love the Freedom and this cruise makes number four. Also looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades that we got to experience on the Sunshine, they were great.

Edited by hbrote

Awesome review. I am booked in 9201 for sept 1 and I can't wait. We were not sure if we were gonna be happy without a balcony but it looks to be a good cabin. :)

Thanks

Kathy

I think you will LOVE it!! Awesome location and those windows are to die for. The layout is cool too. Bathroom is standard and nothing special.

As I mentioned I think I would give up the balcony for this really cool outside cabin. Enjoy!

Ernie

Thanks for all the great pictures! I last sailed Freedom in 2011 and am returning in 2 weeks. It's amazing how many small details I'd forgotten about and am looking forward to seeing again. :)

We sailed Breeze last July and that's my new favourite ship. We had a wonderful dining room team and our bar waiter was outstanding. He would look for us up on deck in the daytime and get us our drinks. Every cruise is different though, and I do appreciate your comments.

Heather

Unless I missed it in this thread I'm not seeing anyone talking about whether or not The Freedom has Guys Burgers on it or not. Does it?

I guess you missed this part of the review …

Ok its been written about many times, but Guy's Burgers truly are the best at sea, and better than 95% of burgers I've had even on land. They are *that* good. Always fresh, always made to order, and a perfect mix of flavors. I tend to prefer thin, smashed burgers over thick ones, and this is exactly how Guy's are prepared. For me they were about as good as they come. On any other cruise line you would pay a premium for such a high quality burger.

I guess you missed this part of the review …

Yes, I did. Sorry :( I did try to do a google search and most of what I was finding didn't list the Freedom. I wish I had thought to do a ctrl f with the word Guy before I asked the question.

They are small, I couldn't read them either

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

If you click on the picture you can then enlarge the webpage of the picture to make it bigger. I enlarged one to 200% and it was quite readable. You can enlarge by clicking on your browser settings.

Edited by Rh2458

I have not been inside of a spa for many years. However, your pictures interest me. Can we use the hot tubs, pool and steam room free of cost?

Yes on FREEDOM it's all free. The fitness center, hot tub, steam, and sauna. Old school! LOL.

It's complimentary. You order at the bar and they will bring it to your lounger. It's a really nice touch and you can avoid the crowds at the buffet. The choices are limited but it's perfect if you don't want to leave the Serenity area.

That sounds amazing. In all of your pictures, did you happen to get one of that menu?

Thank you for the review and all of the pictures. I was already excited for Dec but now I am even more so.