Luggage Express from POM to FLL

duegwb

Has anyone recently used the Luggage Express Program from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale or Miami International? I've never used it and trying to see if anyone has had any problems with it at all. I know its $20 per person. We have a earl evening flight and have a lot of time to kill in Fort Lauderdale. Thank you all for all your help.

We used Luggage Express this past February on the Liberty. You need to make sure you have enough time between arriving at port and plane departure time. It varies from MIA and FLL. Also need to make sure your airline participates in the program. Other than that, we loved it! We had an evening flight and rented a car to kill time and see a few last things. Had no issues what so ever. All our bags showed up in Denver, and we travel w/ (4) checked bags. Your bags will need to be ready, outside the door, earlier than the others, by 8pm if I remember right. And you will need to approved by Customs that same evening. My mom's friend was not approved and had to take all of her bags w/ her thru Customs. Hope this helps w/ your decision.

Don't know if this will help but... I am leaving next Saturday on the Glory- also have a late afternoon flight home from FLL. I booked the 'after' cruise excursion to the Everglades with the airboat ride and alligator farm for $54.99. They hold your luggage and then drop you off at the FLL airport (or Miami) when done. The Carnival shuttle would have been $30- by itself, so getting the tour for $25-. They also offer a South Beach tour. I didn't think it was a bad deal. Sure don't want to sit at the airport- couldn't get an early flight. Didn't want to rent a car- but that is an option, too.

Be careful if you're booked on AirTran via Southwest - while you won't pay luggage fees if you check luggage on a ticket booked this way, LE can't tell the difference, so they'll charge you the airline's fees.

This is from personal experience - it really was a frustrating experience, and guest services on board was helpful in getting it cancelled and pulling the luggage back for us. They actually called to warn us about this and let us know that past customers had been unsuccessful in getting the fees refunded - it's not at all CCL's fault - it's more a factor of too many parties involved and until Southwest and Air Tran are all under one umbrella, this may continue to be an issue.

Any other airline flying out of FLL shouldn't be an issue - it's a great option, actually, because you don't have to be on a CCL tour to use the service, which allows you a great deal of flexibility for your day up until your flight.

The flight we have scheduled is for southwest. Will they still try to charge the baggage fees if it's a straight southwest flight?

QUOTE=trvlqueen;43172433]Be careful if you're booked on AirTran via Southwest - while you won't pay luggage fees if you check luggage on a ticket booked this way, LE can't tell the difference, so they'll charge you the airline's fees.

This is from personal experience - it really was a frustrating experience, and guest services on board was helpful in getting it cancelled and pulling the luggage back for us. They actually called to warn us about this and let us know that past customers had been unsuccessful in getting the fees refunded - it's not at all CCL's fault - it's more a factor of too many parties involved and until Southwest and Air Tran are all under one umbrella, this may continue to be an issue.

Any other airline flying out of FLL shouldn't be an issue - it's a great option, actually, because you don't have to be on a CCL tour to use the service, which allows you a great deal of flexibility for your day up until your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Don't know if this will help but... I am leaving next Saturday on the Glory- also have a late afternoon flight home from FLL. I booked the 'after' cruise excursion to the Everglades with the airboat ride and alligator farm for $54.99. They hold your luggage and then drop you off at the FLL airport (or Miami) when done. The Carnival shuttle would have been $30- by itself, so getting the tour for $25-. They also offer a South Beach tour. I didn't think it was a bad deal. Sure don't want to sit at the airport- couldn't get an early flight. Didn't want to rent a car- but that is an option, too.

We have done the same thing.....it was a win-win with time and money PLUS it was a wonderful fun tour!! Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

What time did you get to FLL?

I am considering this option but my flight leaves at 3:45 and it says it's for flights after 4:00. Do you think the 15 minutes matters?

What time did you get to FLL?

I am considering this option but my flight leaves at 3:45 and it says it's for flights after 4:00. Do you think the 15 minutes matters?

We are doing this in March. Glory in Miami but flights in Ft. L. I called Carnival and they said flights out of Ft. L. must be noon or after. Can you tell me where you saw 4:00 or after flights.

We are doing this in March. Glory in Miami but flights in Ft. L. I called Carnival and they said flights out of Ft. L. must be noon or after. Can you tell me where you saw 4:00 or after flights.

Noon or after is the time of the earliest flight you should take out of FLL when disembarking in Port of Miami.

4:00 or after is the time your flight has to be if you want to do the excursion mention above.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/101039