JS Guarantee

If I book a JS guarantee cabin, do I get double points? I think I do but would like verification from the experts.

Yes, as long as you pay for a "W" or better, you get the double points. If you get a free upgrade to a JS, no double points.

Yes, as long as you pay for a "W" or better, you get the double points. If you get a free upgrade to a JS, no double points.

Okay, I requested the JS guarantee and it is more than I paid for the D2 balcony. It does say Deck plan code W. So I guess the JS would be the lowest?

Edited by EmmasNana

Okay, I requested the JS guarantee and it is more than I paid for the D2 balcony. It does say Deck plan code W. So I guess the JS would be the lowest?

Yes, the "W" should be a JS at a minimum. There was a thread not too long ago about someone who got less than a JS, but my recollection was that there had been some mistake on the part of the cruise line.

Yes, the "W" should be a JS at a minimum. There was a thread not too long ago about someone who got less than a JS, but my recollection was that there had been some mistake on the part of the cruise line.

I saw that thread so it confused me. Thank you!

If I book a JS guarantee cabin, do I get double points? I think I do but would like verification from the experts.

We got them when we did a JS gty on the Oasis 2 years ago .... scored a beauty on the hump too! :) Do it ... I really don't think there are any bad JS cabins .... not an expert, but recall someone telling me that. Happy Sailing! :)

If you do book the "W", please let us know what you end up with.:)

So I did get the JS from my guarantee. They assigned me much sooner than I expected. I figured I would get the obstructed view JS, but I did not.

I am super excited!!!

Edited by EmmasNana

So I did get the JS from my guarantee. They assigned me much sooner than I expected. I figured I would get the obstructed view JS, but I did not.

I am super excited!!!

Glad it worked out, and thanks for letting us know. If you are in the US or Canada, you can ask to move to another available JS if you like.

Edited by clarea

Glad it worked out, and thanks for letting us know. If you are in the US or Canada, you can ask to move to another available JS if you like.

I am in the US. The cruise is Barcelona to Rome. My TA told me if another cabin opened up that I preferred, she could move me.

I got free upgraded from a D4 to "w" ended up with JS on the hump and checked this morning since we sailed 2 weeks ago and I got double points. Went from 45 to 59 points. So I can tell you yes in my case you do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You will love the extra room in the JS. I've booked them the past several cruises and I'm afraid I'm rather spoiled now.

The past two cruises I have been on have been in Suites. I booked a W GTY JR Suite on Brilliance this past December and was given a Grand Suite. That was amazing and spoiled me big time. And on my most recent cruise on Freedom, we had a JR Suite.

I am in the same boat as you. These have spoiled me and anything less than a Suite is going to be hard to go back to.

I am super excited!!!

If you are sailing on a Voyager or Freedom class ships, and the "obstructed view JS" to which you are referring is an aft JS on Deck 7 or above, TAKE IT if you can!

As others said, if you are a North American cruiser, you can switch within your category, if you wish.

:)

I got free upgraded from a D4 to "w" ended up with JS on the hump and checked this morning since we sailed 2 weeks ago and I got double points. Went from 45 to 59 points. So I can tell you yes in my case you do.

Do you mean that you spotted a price on the W category that was the same or lower than what you paid for the D4, and asked to be changed/moved to the W?

If so, then technically you PAID for the W. This would explain getting the double points.

That could have been it. I did not spot but the travel agent called a few weeks before sailing and asked if I wanted to change. I agreed because worst case was I was getting a JS for price of D4 and I was inside final payment so I could not have difference in OBC

Do you mean that you spotted a price on the W category that was the same or lower than what you paid for the D4, and asked to be changed/moved to the W?

If so, then technically you PAID for the W. This would explain getting the double points.

Carol, as you know, sometimes the pricing of different categories changes, and it appears that this persons TA was on the ball, and able to get her the same price for a "W Guarantee" as she was going to pay for a D4.

And, as you state, if that is the case, then they are entitled to double points.

I have friends that originally booked a JS, and when new pricing for the cruise came out, they were able to get a GS, for a lower price than the JS they originally booked. This was done outside of the final payment period.

There is a very good website that monitors price changes. Unfortunately, due to CC regulations, I cannot divulge it here.:rolleyes:

Rick

Well, enjoy the extra points, because you're not supposed to get them if you are upgraded by the company for free.

Well, enjoy the extra points, because you're not supposed to get them if you are upgraded by the company for free.

Bob, if you read my post, why would they not be entitled to the extra points, if the "W" guarantee was the same price (new pricing) as the old D4?

I would not consider that a "free" upgrade, as Royal Caribbean re listed new pricing, at least, that is the way that I understand it.

Rick

Bob, if you read my post, why would they not be entitled to the extra points, if the "W" guarantee was the same price (new pricing) as the old D4?

I would not consider that a "free" upgrade, as Royal Caribbean re listed new pricing, at least, that is the way that I understand it.

Rick

Perhaps I misunderstood the situation. I thought the poster had been upgraded by the company, in which case they would not be entitled to the extra points. On the other hand, if the poster noticed a price drop on the "W" and contacted Royal themselves ask asked to move to the "W", then it was not technically a free company upgrade, so they would be entitled to the points.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by clarea

Perhaps I misunderstood the situation. I thought the poster had been upgraded by the company, in which case they would not be entitled to the extra points. On the other hand, if the poster noticed a price drop on the "W" and contacted Royal themselves ask asked to move to the "W", then it was not technically a free company upgrade, so they would be entitled to the points.

Hope that makes sense.

Makes great sense to me. The way I read it, was the second way that you presented it. I do understand both ways of looking at it.

Rick