Ladies opinion please

Cpinkston

We are going on the Crown Princess leaving 6/28 Wondering about dressing and shoes for the weather? Just how much walking will we be doing? We are doing the Yukon/ White Pass Railway and Glacier View Sea Kayaking. Not decided on what to do in Ketchikan. Suggestions welcome:)

Just came off the Crown from the Southbound Glacier. Bring rain jacket, two pairs of walking shoes (in case one gets drenched) and layer up. On average it was 52 degrees F last week so shorts or capris were not an option. We brought jeans and long and short sleeve shirts and it was perfect.

As far as walking, it's up to you and the excursions you choose. We did the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour in Ketchikan and it was great!

Have a wonderful time!

Just came off the Crown from the Southbound Glacier. Bring rain jacket, two pairs of walking shoes (in case one gets drenched) and layer up. On average it was 52 degrees F last week so shorts or capris were not an option. We brought jeans and long and short sleeve shirts and it was perfect.

As far as walking, it's up to you and the excursions you choose. We did the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour in Ketchikan and it was great!

Have a wonderful time!

What are you talking about? 52 degrees is PERFECT capris weather. :D

I tend to stay cold as well as over pack!

Just got back on June 15th. I wore jeans the entire trip although my husband did wear some shorts on the boat. I wore hiking shoes that my husband had sprayed with waterproofing any time we were off the boat. I brought my sneakers and never put them on!;)

It really is different for everyone even if you are traveling at the same time. Some people travel with just carry-on's. I could NEVER do that. We went for 16 days and had 2 checked bags and 3 carry on's, total. We probably could have cut back a bit, but we enjoy knowing we have most things that we might need!

To each his own.

Temperature is really an individual thing. I live in Sunny Southern California and when the temp drops to 52, I'm in sweats. And for years, my kids knew to watch the thermometer to reach 80 to go swimming.

On our first cruise to Alaska, I have no idea what the temp was (OTHER THAN COLD) in early May. It rained every day but one (in Glacier Bay it was stunning). And layers didn't cut it. I had an ankle length fur-lined rain coat. I also had a scarf and gloves.

For our 2nd trip to Alaska I did an 11 day cruisetour to the Yukon and interior Alaska in August and I wore cuddleduds every day under my sweats and had a water-proof ski jacket. Puddles in the parking lot froze overnight in Tok, Alaska.

All depends on what you as an individual are used to. It could be totally different for you.

Temperature is really an individual thing. I live in Sunny Southern California and when the temp drops to 52, I'm in sweats. And for years, my kids knew to watch the thermometer to reach 80 to go swimming.

On our first cruise to Alaska, I have no idea what the temp was (OTHER THAN COLD) in early May. It rained every day but one (in Glacier Bay it was stunning). And layers didn't cut it. I had an ankle length fur-lined rain coat. I also had a scarf and gloves.

For our 2nd trip to Alaska I did an 11 day cruisetour to the Yukon and interior Alaska in August and I wore cuddleduds every day under my sweats and had a water-proof ski jacket. Puddles in the parking lot froze overnight in Tok, Alaska.

All depends on what you as an individual are used to. It could be totally different for you.

Agree! :)

When you live in semi tropics 60 can be cold.

We are going on the Crown Princess leaving 6/28 Wondering about dressing and shoes for the weather? Just how much walking will we be doing? We are doing the Yukon/ White Pass Railway and Glacier View Sea Kayaking. Not decided on what to do in Ketchikan. Suggestions welcome:)

It was raining off on and on during our visit last week - wore waterproof hiking boots, jeans and rain/windbreaker jacket... As far as excursions I would recommend the following:

Ketchikan - We rented a motorcycle from Panhandle Motorcycles https://sites.google.com/site/panhan...cleadventures/ - the owners are super nice. I was nice getting out of the touristy areas and seeing Alaska.

Highly recommend the Bering Sea Crab fisherman tour - http://alaskacrabtour.com/ - it is well worth the price. It is a very hands on/ interactive tour - you will also see lots of eagles. Our family ranged in age from 15 to 74 and all were enjoying the tour and said it was the favorite of our trip!

Enjoy your trip

Temperature is really an individual thing. I live in Sunny Southern California and when the temp drops to 52, I'm in sweats. And for years, my kids knew to watch the thermometer to reach 80 to go swimming .

I'm with you! And I'm from Canada!

52 is jeans weather.