Help with Drink Packages!!

So im thinking about scheduling a cruise on Liberty for next September, and my other half enjoys his beer. Im not so much of a drinker, though, and im lost as to whether or not both people in a stateroom need to get the alcohol package if theyre over 21 or if just one can. Ive heard people say both things- some people said yes you both need to, others have mentioned that only their husband got it. HELP!!! =) i dont want to spend the extra money if im not going to use it..

So im thinking about scheduling a cruise on Liberty for next September, and my other half enjoys his beer. Im not so much of a drinker, though, and im lost as to whether or not both people in a stateroom need to get the alcohol package if theyre over 21 or if just one can. Ive heard people say both things- some people said yes you both need to, others have mentioned that only their husband got it. HELP!!! =) i dont want to spend the extra money if im not going to use it..

You do not both need to buy a package, you can buy a package for one person or a different package for each. I understand that it was required in the past to both purchase, but that it was changed in the last year or so.

We did the premium package and it included everything except fancy coffee and fresh squeezed OJ. We are D+ so the fancy coffee was given in the lounge and we just went without the fresh OJ.

Question as we are sailing next week. I think that that replenish package will be fine with me this time around. I have the opportunity to have free drinks at night and having a couple during the day is enough. My question to all is: Does the replenish package offer non booze frozen drinks? If yes, then I'm good and hubby can get the premium package. I don't think that I could do another 4 days of straight happy stuff in less than two weeks.

Replenish, please offer the non booze frozen drinks for us non guzzlers :):)

Just got this email yesterday, after telling them there were so many conflicting reports that I had no clue what to buy. Guess we could all print the email and take with us to show the bartenders!

Dear Ms. Snograss:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your request for clarification about our beverage packages. We are sorry to learn that you experienced difficulties using our website and regret any frustration or inconvenience this may have created for you. Kindly be advised that we have included an overview of our beverage packages below.

We are proud to offer four beverage package options on select cruises, giving you a convenient way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during your cruise vacation. Additionally, these packages are honored at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Cafe, main dining room, specialty restaurants and our private destinations (Labadee, Haiti, and CocoCay, Bahamas) during normal business hours; room service and minibar are not included.

These refreshing packages are sold on an individual basis, and guests booked in the same stateroom are not required to purchase a package if they so choose. Multiple beverages may not be ordered at the same time; however, there is no daily limit on the number of beverages you may consume. Please kindly note that packages may not be shared or transferred to another guest. Below is an overview of these valuable options:

The Royal Replenish Package, at $20 per guest each day, includes:

-- Premium coffee

-- Premium tea

-- Bottled water

-- Sparkling (375ml)

-- Still (500ml)

-- Fresh squeezed orange juice

-- Non-alcoholic cocktails (includes frozen varieties)

-- Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

The Select Package, at $40 per guest each day, includes:

-- Beer

-- Wine by the glass (up to $8 value)

-- 20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

The Premium Package, at $55 per guest each day, includes:

-- Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

-- Frozen cocktails

-- Beers

-- Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

-- Still bottled water (500ml)

The Ultimate Package, at $65 per guest each day, includes:

-- Premium coffee

-- Premium tea

-- Bottled water

-- Sparkling (375ml)

-- Still (500ml)

-- Fresh squeezed orange juice

-- Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

-- Frozen cocktails

-- Beers

-- Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

These all-inclusive packages are available for purchase onboard throughout the voyage when there are at least four days remaining. They must be purchased for the duration of the cruise, and the price is prorated based on the date of purchase. Package prices are subject to change without notice and include a 15% gratuity. They do not include Value Added Tax (VAT), which may be required on some European sailings.

Sincerely,

Karen Miller

Customer Services Representative

Thanks so much for posting this list, Ms. Snograss! Seeing it in print with all the comparisons, is a big help.

Yep, agree, thanks!

Also, has anyone seen it in print (even if RCCL Q&A reference) that you would pay just the difference if wanted more expensiver wine? For example, if bought Select and want a $10 glass and want to pay $2 extra for it?

There was a reference somewhere that some staff might be confused and steer you toward only wines $8 and less. It might be easier to make the argument on how it's "suppose" to work if could take a printout.

Yep, agree, thanks!

Also, has anyone seen it in print (even if RCCL Q&A reference) that you would pay just the difference if wanted more expensiver wine? For example, if bought Select and want a $10 glass and want to pay $2 extra for it?

There was a reference somewhere that some staff might be confused and steer you toward only wines $8 and less. It might be easier to make the argument on how it's "suppose" to work if could take a printout.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5810

Edited by clarea

Thanks! I'd poked around and missed it on RCCL site and wondered if I'd have to find and RCCL blog or something. I'm not even getting a package but want to be able to answer questions for travel campanions.

I do wish they'd specifically reference wine upcharge in this section. I notice an * w/o a corresponding * note.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5806

Edited by CP3o

What about a soda package for kids? I read that a kid's soda package is $4.95 a day -- is that right?

The children's price is $4.50 per day plus 15%, so $5.18 per day. This is for ages under 18.

Edited by clarea

Since there is an Evian package, what brand of bottled water is included in the Royal Replenish package?

I don't think the packages supply Evian. Someone recently posted they got Crystal Geyser. I don't think you can depend on a getting specific brand of water with the packages.

Edited by clarea

room service and minibar are not included.

What exactly does that mean for Room service? If I have a package I can't order a coke or OJ from Room service with my food? TIA

Sure, you can order a Coke from room service, however you will be charged extra for the Coke.

I have obviously been living in a cave on top of a mountain for the past year since my last cruise. I wasn't aware of this.

Thanks for the info. It didn't make sense to buy 2 packages because it wouldn't have been worth it for us. But the beer package is perfect for me because I like a few beers on my hols !

Cruise Critic rocks ! Thanks guys.

Pete

:)

Sure, you can order a Coke from room service, however you will be charged extra for the Coke.

Thank you... MY kids (and myself) would have been adding on some extra charges lol...

So all the regular juice, coffee and tea and ice water/tap are included for room service, yes?

Thank you... MY kids (and myself) would have been adding on some extra charges lol...

So all the regular juice, coffee and tea and ice water/tap are included for room service, yes?

Yes. The normal drinks that have always been included with room service: water, regular/decaf coffee, iced tea, etc. are still included with room service. What is not included with a drink package for room service is anything that would normally cost extra with room service such as soda, booze, etc.