No cash at Atlantis

Gershep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your liability for charges made on a hacked credit card is effectively zero. What happens if your gift card gets hacked and all the money on it disappears? You can eventually get it restored (just like if your atm/debit card gets hacked), but it's more complicated in the short run.

A prepaid gift card would be a good idea with a low balance but I don't know if they are accepted. With your regular credit card make sure to let the card company know that you will be using it outside the USA so they don't put a hold on it for suspicious activity.

A prepaid gift card would be a good idea with a low balance but I don't know if they are accepted. With your regular credit card make sure to let the card company know that you will be using it outside the USA so they don't put a hold on it for suspicious activity.

Some prepaid cards are NOT accepted. Check with the bank/company that offers them.

A regular Visa/MC gift card will not be accepted outside the US. Visa does offer a "travel money card". I just purchased one at my AAA office. Normally a 14.95 charge but for members $4.95. Can be used almost anywhere in the world. I'm not comfortable using my personal cards outside the US either.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fusa.visa.com%2Fpersonal%2Fpersonal-cards%2Fprepaid-cards%2Ftravel-money.jsp&ei=fk4nVOwN0JzKBK3ZgPAG&usg=AFQjCNEjQxU0j4Ly67Y54p9sIcL8eAtJgA&sig2=IIaqPY4kTPctPW7gv1JIWg&bvm=bv.76247554,d.aWw