Opinion---Dogs on Board?

steeragelady

Thank you all for the education. Since this was the first time in all my many cruises that I had openly seen small dogs in a stroller considered service dogs I had wondered if some lines such as RCL were more lenient than others.

Absolutely amazing how some people can get offended over every little thing in life........this thread proves that 1000%. Thankfully, I'm not one of them. Of course on the flip side of that, I really don't care if my opinions offend others either.

Me personally, if the animal is an ADA approved service animal, by all means, bring them aboard. If the animal doesn't meet the ADA guidelines and is a certified service animal, sorry about your luck. I see way too many people these days that can justify darn near anything by bending the rules any which way they need to to justify their means.

Absolutely amazing how some people can get offended over every little thing in life........this thread proves that 1000%.

How so?

Me personally, if the animal is an ADA approved service animal, by all means, bring them aboard. If the animal doesn't meet the ADA guidelines and is a certified service animal, sorry about your luck. I see way too many people these days that can justify darn near anything by bending the rules any which way they need to to justify their means.

I think most people are saying the same as you......approved service animal, absolutely fine, anything else, probably questionable.

How so?

I think most people are saying the same as you......approved service animal, absolutely fine, anything else, probably questionable.

Forgive me, my mistake......I was mixing up comments made on another thread where several people were offended by nearly every comment that was contradictory to their opinion. Now that makes me wonder what I REALLY meant to post about.........Hmm....

Why would anyone torment a pet like that! That borders on animal cruelty. Oh, right! I'm being too "politically correct" for you!

Haha! I told him the same thing. So she ended up getting the whole steak. Cut up of course;)

People do fake it. Unfortunately, I know someone who took their yippie little shih tzu on a Holland America cruise and pretended it was a service dog, so I know it does happen. These were her own words..."it's a Jersey thing. You ain't livin' if you ain't scammin'." (Insert accent)

:rolleyes:

And this is why we want NORTH & SOUTH Jersey to be different States!!!!

It is entirely too easy to get an online certification for a "service dog"

My son, who is seriously dyslexic but no physical problems at all got a rotweiller puppy, now 3 months old.. Her only training thus far is the routine heal/sit/roll-over stuff, which she is learning very well...but i was shocked to find out she is a certified service dog already. My comment to my son - how the heck can a puppy be taught to read to help your dyslexia?

His response was that he just wanted to see if it was possible to train her as a potential service dog. He already has Bella's certificate as a service dog that they sent him!