Going Solo to British Colonial Hilton

itskristene

My husband and I will be in Nassau in 3 weeks. My husband is not a port person and will likely stay on the ship. I'm considering purchasing the day pass for the BCH.

Do you think it would be safe for someone to go solo? Is there security? What are the chances that someone would steal my stuff off my chair? :confused:

Thanks!

I don't think you'll really be solo. If you are coming off the Oasis of the Seas, I think there will be lots of people walking to the same place. I know hubby and I will be!

Thanks! I'll be on Carnival. I'm really mostly concerned with my stuff getting stolen if I go in the water lol

I would say for one, don't bring much! And if you are really concerned, get a small water proof wallet that you can attach to your suit. They probably have them at walmart or target. I have had mine for so long I can't remember where I got !

We went there a couple of years ago and felt safe and left our bags on the beach chairs. It's a nice place and a decent lunch. Easy walk and you can see the ships from the beach. ImageUploadedByForums1405124575.550946.jpg.5f4f59c1998a5c1bc4842198e461c555.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is the the beach that the Hilton, Sheraton/Melia called? I hear that "cabbage and paradise" can be pretty rough at times.

Hilton is at the mouth of the Harbour. Sheraton / Melia (as well as breezes, Wyndham and Sandals) are on Cable Beach.

Cabbage Beach (and Atlantis beach) on Paradise Island can be quite rough with an undertow.

The others are generally much calmer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hilton is at the mouth of the Harbour. Sheraton / Melia (as well as breezes, Wyndham and Sandals) are on Cable Beach.

Cabbage Beach (and Atlantis beach) on Paradise Island can be quite rough with an undertow.

The others are generally much calmer.

Awesome, that was a huge help, no one can ever answer this question 👍, ok now I'm gonna ask you which one would you suggest lol. I would like calm, clear, sandy bottom, not rocky and clean beach

Can someone tell me about a day pass at the Hilton? How does one get one? And, what is the price?

Thanks.

I believe you can either get one at the front desk or purchase ahead of time through Island Marketing: http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm

Through Island Marketing it's $60 per adult and comes with a $40 food/beverage voucher. They require a 20% deposit with the balance due at check-in at the BCH.

The deposit fine print:

"The deposit you have placed to guarantee this excursion is non refundable for the exception of an inclement weather cancellation of the Tour by the Tour Operator, or due to your Ship not calling port during your cruise."

I believe you can either get one at the front desk or purchase ahead of time through Island Marketing: http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm

Through Island Marketing it's $60 per adult and comes with a $40 food/beverage voucher. They require a 20% deposit with the balance due at check-in at the BCH.

The deposit fine print:

"The deposit you have placed to guarantee this excursion is non refundable for the exception of an inclement weather cancellation of the Tour by the Tour Operator, or due to your Ship not calling port during your cruise."

Thank you.