Alaska 14 day June 22 the good, the bad the ugly

Hi

another ship is replacing the Amsterdam in 2015-16. I have papers someplace. I just off the Amsterdam I will post the name of ship. I think the Amsterdam will be doing 7 days cruises in Alaska. I will post the name of ship in a few and soon as I can find it. It will be the same 14 days just not on Amsterdam

Mary

I was on this cruise, also. Mary nailed it. I enjoyed myself, BUT ...

The boys were pretty much out of control. On several days they decided that "fun" was to throw each other down the steps. They started out running from the back of the elevator lobby to the steps, then they would throw each other down them. I never saw adults with these boys.

I just cannot understand why the Ship's Crew didn't put a stop to such behavior (was it reported?). Sometimes they don't want to "offend" those people with bad manners but they should NOT be allowed to affect the cruise of hundreds of other people. Period!

They can knock down other people and you can be sure if the children got injured, those parents WOULD SHOW UP.............and blame the ship/crew.

I'm sorry a few inconsiderate people caused problems for so many and HOPE HAL is reading this and taking action with the crew.

Hi Mary

We were suppose to have been on this cruise but cancelled it. Maybe we made the right decision?? Really don't know.

Enjoyed Part 1 and looking forward to Part 2.

Oh no

these were only minor things. The reason I metioned the kids was the fact a small boy almost drowed in a pool a few months ago. I was concered that these 3 boys were always in the pool and hot tub. They are not allowed in hot tub. We know that the servers (bar) cannot stop them A officer should be there. I Never saw one officer during the who cruise except the jr ones at the CC meet and great. I loved the food. The service was wonderful as usual and my third time was just as great as the first one. I did notice lack of wine stewards I think there were just two in the upper MDR. I just would not be happy to see a child injured on a cruise because lack of parents judgement. the boy I saw running full speed on stairway was on the 2nd to last night of cruise. His family was a table away from me. I aam sure his mother did not know this was happening. I would bet money on it. I am sure she she thought he was in the HAl club. They were perfect children in dinning room. I kinda felt sorry for him at dinner as all of the wait staff dotted on his little sister (4 or 5) and really ignored him. All the staff including men in charge of dinning room

could not do enough for this little girl. It did not effect service in fact it was fun watching them entertain her. Our waiter had a little girl same age.

But the cruise just as wonderful.

Mary

hi

sorry ffor no part 2 yet been sick with a serve cold and treating it like a baby/ Because of health condition I don't esnt to go to a hospital for treatments. If I can figure how to add photo's I will. I have not even looked at anay of my photo's yet.

Mary