A review on the Carnival Paradise! (some pics)

615a7758d4.jpg

Hi all,

I have recently returned from my 6th cruise, this time, on the beautiful Carnival Paradise. It was a relatively short 4 day cruise to Cozumel and back. We left from Tampa. I also believe that the Paradise is an under-appreciated ship. I never see posts about her on the CC boards.

This is my first time writing a review for a cruise. I am an oddly-experienced cruiser, even though I am 12. I am practically my family's TA.. This review will be posted by the days, in order. So, I'm guessing each day will be a post. Problem is, I only took a few pictures on my phone, because I was too busy having fun ;), and because I kept running out of space. Next time, I have to remind myself, to empty all the pictures onto my Computer before cruising, and take more pictures! Ok, with that settled away, the next post of mine should be the 1st day: embarkation day! But, it is late at night for me, so I must go to sleep. I shall post day 1's review tomorrow morning!

Alright, here I go.

Day 1: Embarkation in Tampa day!

After the family and I groggily got up and got out the door with our luggage and carry-on's, we stopped and got something to eat before the 45 minute trip to Tampa. We took US41 straight up to Causeway Boulevard I believe. But, we got stuck by a freaking train for 15 minutes. It made me anxious, because I thought we had to be there at a certain time, because we had FTTF (talk more about it later). We managed to park the car in the Parking Garage at about 11:00, and we were on the ship 15 minutes later. The check in was SUPER quick, we went up the stairs, cut the line, got our cards, and just walked to the gangway. The FTTF came in handy so much!

65e2745825.jpg

A shot of the Paradise from the Parking Garage. Low quality due to zoom on phone... I have a relatively good camera at normal zoom, though.

As soon as we were on the ship, we hit the forward Atrium elevators, and went down to Deck 4, where our cabin was! I, for some reason, didn't take any pictures of the cabin, though. :(

f768c72ffc.jpg

Riviera Deck Plans.

After dropping off our Luggage and laying around for an hour, we headed topside to go get something to eat in the Paris Restaurant.

0a83ccb666.jpg

Heading up the Atrium to the lido deck.

And something that I've never seen on a previous Carnival cruise before, is that there was jet's coming out of the pool, and it was all open! They are never usually open on Embarkation day, right?

53001965dd.jpg

See what I mean? You'll have to look closely!

After getting something in the Paris Restaurant, we just meandered around the ship, doing a little bit of exploring. And when it was about 6:15-6:30, the Skyway loomed 'ominously' in front of us. This is the part that I love a lot.

50c6098556.jpg

Going under the Skyway Bridge.

After we watched the ship go under the bridge, we headed down to the Elation Dining room for Dinner. We had Your Time Dining, which worked out FABULOUSLY! I only took one picture of my food (which was my app), and I will post that in the next one, since I have run out of space for pictures here. The rest of day 1 will be continued in the next post!

^^FuturzMinion

What floor did you come in on?

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app

You board directly into the Atrium on Empress deck 7. That's where you debark too once you get back into Tampa.

Great start to your review! Paradise is a ship that I would like to sail on some day. Thanks for posting a review

Thank you! If you are used to Carnival, you will love the Paradise! She is well maintained vessel, and the crew is great! And so is the food. :)

Edited by FuturzMinion

You are doing great. I would never have guessed you were 12. I am very interested in this review since I cruise out of Tampa too. I have only cruised Royal's Brilliance and was a little nervous about trying the Paradise. Can't wait for the rest of your review. Thank You :)

The Paradise was our first cruise back in 2000 when she was a smoke free ship! Love your pictures as it brings back memories!

The [smoke free] Paradise was my first Carnival cruise back in 2003. What a great trip that was.

Edited by oncruisecontrol

Great job on your review and pictures. I might also be interested in this itinerary sometime next year. Did the Paradise have all the 2.0 upgrades like some of the other Carnival ships?

Not yet, she and the Elation will be getting them soon, though.

I am also putting the review on hold for now, since I am not at my location where I have the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

eca3d575f9.jpg

My Sail & Sign card. Name blacked out!

I have returned from my slumber! I had a severe case of Writer's Block, so I wasn't able to finish it. I am going to be more active now. This post is going to be the last of the Day 1 post, so let's continue!

After leaving the top of the bridge observation wing area (Near the V deck suites), we headed to the Elation dining room for dinner. Your Time Dining, blah blah blah, I believe I covered that in the last post. The first night was my favorite night for dinner. To start off, I got my delicacy that I get on each and EVERY cruise: the Escargots. And man, were they delicious this time! They were so good, I got four orders of them! I have a picture:

b935a608a0.jpg

Om-nom-nom!

After dinner, I headed back down to my cabin to freshen up to go to my club's meet & greet. So, I headed up to Atlantic deck 8 to "Circle C". To shorten everything about it, it was INCREDIBLE. It was by far the best Club I have been in on all of my 6 cruises! Me and my sister (she was in Club O2) both met a bunch of people. And my sister even kept in contact and made real good friends with one of her "Club-Mates". I stayed in the Club from 8:30 to 1AM. Needless to say, it kept me occupied when I had nothing to do at night. So, at 1AM, I headed down to my stateroom, turned on Tom & Jerry (Yes, Tom & Jerry... I love that show.), and drifted off to sleep, excited for the next day!

^^FM

Let me just start by saying I work w 8th graders and they can't write this well. So bravo for a great start to your review. We leave on Thursday 17th, which is also my birthday so I'm super excited! My DD17 will be joining me but is a little worried about meeting people bc on our last cruise in November she brought a friend along. I was happy to hear your sister enjoyed the teen club. Can't wait to hear the rest of it!

Edited by cruizinrican

• 2 weeks later...