Northbound AK Cruise with Lots of Photos, Menus and Patters

MVPinBoynton

We have just published the review of our recent Northbound Alaska cruise on the Island Princess and seven day land tour. There are lots of photos of the many beautiful ports and inland Alaska; as well as of the ship, including the bar and restaurant menus, food photos and Princess Patters.

You can see the review on our website www.thepreismans.com. We hope it either brings back some fond memories of your Alaska cruise or helps in planning your cruise to see a most beautiful part of the country. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the review. I have a question: does Princess provide shuttle from their lodge to Wilderness access center in Denali? I currently booked a TNT but think it only goes to mile 52 but not the Eilsen visitor center. If they do provide the shuttle service then I want to cancel TNT and switch to regular park bus instead..

Thanks.

Thank you so much! What a wealth of information...we are doing the exact same itinerary but doing land tour first and then cruising south. We will be in Fairbanks 3 days before the land tour starts and planning on doing almost the same as you...the "North Pole" and the museum at the university. :D

It is indeed a small world.....looked at your review and it was excellent...and to my surprise you had pictures of a few friends in them...you might want to know that Heidi Sutter just signed up for this years Iditarod in March.....look for her and follow her along on her journey....you might even recognize a few of her dogs...you were extremely through. Thanks....

Thank you so much for the review. I have a question: does Princess provide shuttle from their lodge to Wilderness access center in Denali? I currently booked a TNT but think it only goes to mile 52 but not the Eilsen visitor center. If they do provide the shuttle service then I want to cancel TNT and switch to regular park bus instead..

Thanks.

The TNT goes to mile 62; so you do get a nice tour. Since the Princess driver told me that he had just come from the WAC, I would assume that had I just stayed on the Princess shuttle it would have gone there after the Visitor Center. If you are going to cancel the TNT, be sure you book your reservation for the Eielson Shuttle first, since it does sell out for the better time slots early.

Small world, John & Louise were my former neighbors in Brentwood. Louise is a great cook. Last time we saw them was at a farewell lunch. Great photos... Thanks

John and Louise are a lovely couple. We were very fortunate to have them for tablemates. I have a feeling that Louise is good at whatever she does; and I am sure that she is an excellent cook too.

Thank you so much! What a wealth of information...we are doing the exact same itinerary but doing land tour first and then cruising south. We will be in Fairbanks 3 days before the land tour starts and planning on doing almost the same as you...the "North Pole" and the museum at the university. :D

Get ready for a wonderful vacation. Alaska will overwhelm you with beauty. Have a great time.

It is indeed a small world.....looked at your review and it was excellent...and to my surprise you had pictures of a few friends in them...you might want to know that Heidi Sutter just signed up for this years Iditarod in March.....look for her and follow her along on her journey....you might even recognize a few of her dogs...you were extremely through. Thanks....

Heidi had told us that she was going to be in the Iditarod. I probably should add that to the review. She was a great tour guide. The woman loves her dogs and everything about dog sledding. She is a very upbeat person. How does one follow someone on the Iditarod?

The TNT goes to mile 62; so you do get a nice tour. Since the Princess driver told me that he had just come from the WAC, I would assume that had I just stayed on the Princess shuttle it would have gone there after the Visitor Center. If you are going to cancel the TNT, be sure you book your reservation for the Eielson Shuttle first, since it does sell out for the better time slots early.

Thank you for the TNT info - glad it goes to Mile 62 not 52.

Also, thank you for the D418 pictures - that's where I will stay in a couple weeks :D

Thank you for the TNT info - glad it goes to Mile 62 not 52.

Also, thank you for the D418 pictures - that's where I will stay in a couple weeks :D

You picked a great cabin. I think you will be happy with it. If you could do me a favor please. For some reason, I didn't get a photo of our wonderful cabin attendant, Marlon. If you have him as yours, would you mind taking his photo and sending it to me so I can include it in our review. I would really appreciate it. I took 8,000 photos and somehow, I missed Marlon. :D

I was just reading this on Facebook. Your pictures are amazing. I'm appalled at the manicure though, that's crazy

As I said in the review, I really felt "taken". Even the basic manicure price was different. I have a paper from Princess stating $41. On the receipt I have, it shows $45 before all the add on charges. I should have pitched a fit and questioned it on the spot, but that's just not me. I always have a tendency to think I must have made the mistake. However, after getting home and looking up my "order", I did find that it said $41 and it did not mention any additional charges. So, I sent a nice email to Princess on 7/5/14 with my complaint, but so far not a word, not even an acknowledgment that they received my email. I must admit that it does leave a very sour taste in my mouth from an otherwise great trip. :mad:

Thank you so much for your post. We are sailing to Alaska on the Star in Sept. Did you book your seaplane trip with the cruise line or from an outside source>

The sea plane was booked directly with Island Wings through the link given in the review.