Annoying Tracy Arm music

topcat11

I am content to disagree with you.

But I am decidedly not content that you took it upon yourself to try to circumvent a process I initiated to a) gather a broader sample of opinions to see if a majority of fellow cruisers agreed with me and b) if there was sufficient dissatisfaction with the corporate policy, then present the company with some actual trend data to help them determine if their policy should be changed.

A gentleman would have let the process go forward without appointing himself an intermediary before the data were in.

Well, this lady took it upon herself to send the email to Mr. Bayley, (1) because there were seven pages of people speculating that there would be music on their cruise and they would not like it and (2) the poll numbers haven't changed drastically, it is not like you are getting a couple thousand of Celebrity Cruise Critic members voting; there are less than 140 votes in total (pro, con and doesn't care). And BTW, I didn't even voice my opinion with regard to liking music, so that I wouldn't put my spin on the email to Mr. Bayley. If you don't want others to comment, react, etc., then you should not be trying to gather your information on a public forum.

You can still compile your information and send it into corporate with your spin on it, nothing is stopping you. Knowing Celebrity, I'm sure they will appreciate your information (as noted on their email back to me saying that guests’ feedback will be of great assistance in making future decisions), as well as they appreciated mine.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Well, this lady took it upon herself to send the email to Mr. Bayley, (1) because there were seven pages of people speculating that there would be music on their cruise and they would not like it and (2) the poll numbers haven't changed drastically, it is not like you are getting a couple thousand of Celebrity Cruise Critic members voting; there are less than 140 votes in total (pro, con and doesn't care). And BTW, I didn't even voice my opinion with regard to liking music, so that I wouldn't put my spin on the email to Mr. Bayley. If you don't want others to comment, react, etc., then you should not be trying to gather your information on a public forum.

You can still compile your information and send it into corporate with your spin on it, nothing is stopping you. Knowing Celebrity, I'm sure they will appreciate your information (as noted on their email back to me saying that guests’ feedback will be of great assistance in making future decisions), as well as they appreciated mine.

You are blinded by something here! Yes we want music on cruises!! We are not even talking about that… What were talking about here is would we rather listen to ABBA or hear the sounds of the glaciers crashing????? I have been on cruises many times other than my Alaska cruise when the music was deliberately turned off, one example was passing the World Trade Center after 9-11 and when someone got hurt or airlifted. No one complained, no one yelled out, hey why did you turn off my my favorite song? They understood… They also understand that its the glaciers and wildlife that they came to see and hear in Alaska. This man has a valid point and you continue to degrade his opinion as I have seen you do so often! You argue, you do not add any positive energy to these boards!!!!!!!

Other posters came on and said they did not have music, not to mention many reviews have been written and not one person has said that there was annoying music. The easiest way for a employee to stop a conversation with a customer, is to say it was a corporate policy, whether it is or isn't and that is why I sent an email to the top guy.

And your point? Are you suggesting the OP is making up a story or worse yet lying??

I am content to disagree with you.

But I am decidedly not content that you took it upon yourself to try to circumvent a process I initiated to a) gather a broader sample of opinions to see if a majority of fellow cruisers agreed with me and b) if there was sufficient dissatisfaction with the corporate policy, then present the company with some actual trend data to help them determine if their policy should be changed.

A gentleman would have let the process go forward without appointing himself an intermediary before the data were in.

I agree… the other poster is out of line on this one. For what its worth you come across as a believable, reasonable person.

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback. We're currently looking into, and addressing some of the points raised. We're hoping that this is not an issue for future sailings. Thanks!

Hi Celebrity Cruises,

Thank you for the update !

As several recent posts required deletion, and with Celebrity's update, this is a good point to close the thread. If & when Celebrity has anything to add, we will be happy to re-open the thread.

Thanks very much for your understanding and participation !