Anyone familiar with Island Princess Caribe deck?

ronbarb

We need the expertise of Princess cruisers. We have sailed twice on Diamond and have loved our aft balcony. We now have a cruise booked on the Island Princess and there are no aft cabins. We have a suite booked-C703. Our TA called Princess and was reassured by numerous staff that the cabin has a fully covered balcony. However, the research I've done makes me think it is partially covered. Does anyone know for sure?? Thanks for any help.

They are partially wrong and you are completely right! As this website shows, that cabin has a partially-covered balcony. The page I linked to below is the schematic for Caribe deck, showing balcony coverage status. If you poke around the site to the pages with photos, you can probably find an actual photo of your balcony and see it with your own eyes.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id3.html

I checked another website which has photos and like most Caribe deck balconies, it's partially covered. It looks like it's the same depth and 9' deep, 5' of which is covered. You should have shade most of the day but that'll depend on which direction the ship is sailing and time of day. But that's true of all balconies whether fully covered or not.

Thank you so much for such quick responses. And for such good information. Looking at the deck plans, am I right in thinking that Dolphin deck has more covered balconies? We're looking at D703. Again, thank you for your help.

You are correct Dolphin Deck has more covered balconies, however the balconies are significantly smaller than Caribe Deck. So you are probably getting almost as much covered balcony as on Dolphin Deck.

We just got back from the island princess, and to me, it looks like both D703 and C703 will be completely covered as they are in the bump out section. Look at attached picture, but to me they look covered.

<a href=IMG_0938_zps9494e14e.jpg' alt='IMG_0938_

You are correct Dolphin Deck has more covered balconies, however the balconies are significantly smaller than Caribe Deck. So you are probably getting almost as much covered balcony as on Dolphin Deck.

Balcony size Partly true. Originally picked D625 because it had 49 sq ft balcony (a balcony cabin). Now in a mini D711 with same size balcony. Appears that the suites you are asking about on both Caribe and Dolphin have 109 sq ft balconies with Caribe partly covered and Dolphin completely.

• 3 months later...
We need the expertise of Princess cruisers. We have sailed twice on Diamond and have loved our aft balcony. We now have a cruise booked on the Island Princess and there are no aft cabins. We have a suite booked-C703. Our TA called Princess and was reassured by numerous staff that the cabin has a fully covered balcony. However, the research I've done makes me think it is partially covered. Does anyone know for sure?? Thanks for any help.

I was on the Island Princess Sep 27-Oct 12, 2014 right next door

in C705 (mini suite, it was partially covered )

FYI~~

I cant speak for C703 but our cabin vibrated and shook the entire time we were at sea.. There was also a clanging noise in the wall on both sides of our cabin, I don't know if C703 could hear it .. I reported it several times.... I know the ship is going into dry dock.. maybe these issues will be resolved then.