where to look to see if marked for upgrade

bigandlil

I am new to this.

Where do I look online at my reservation to see if it is marked that I would accept an upgrade?

I can pull up my reservation but just do not know where to check.

thanks

Lil

I believe you see it when your booking your cruise on line. Once booked it doesn't show up anywhere. If your already booked, call Princess and check with them.

More experienced cruiser could say for sure:)

I am new to this.

Where do I look online at my reservation to see if it is marked that I would accept an upgrade?

thanks

Lil

You can't. If you turn your booking over to a TA, he/she can keep track of it for you. And you'll save money. ;)

The default is that you will accept an upgrade. Many of us would rather book a cabin in a location that we want and tell Princess or our TA to make sure to mark the booking "no upgrade." That's what we've done with our last several cruises, but I don't recall anywhere on our receipt or on the Cruise Personalizer any mention of this.

The default is that you will accept an upgrade. Many of us would rather book a cabin in a location that we want and tell Princess or our TA to make sure to mark the booking "no upgrade." That's what we've done with our last several cruises' date=' but I don't recall anywhere on our receipt or on the Cruise Personalizer any mention of this.[/quote']If you haven't specifically changed your booking to "No upgrade," your booking will remain "Will accept an upgrade." So you and everyone else is hoping for an upgrade. The vast majority of upgrades are the exact same cabin type in a different location. You may not like the location. That's the choice you make.

I am not 'expecting' anything, just wanted to know how the system worked.
Upgrades are essentially based on supply and demand. If there's demand for your category and available cabins in a higher category, you may be upgraded. Princess' Yield Management Department uses an algorithm to analyze bookings and assign upgrades.

I am new to this.

thanks

Lil

I thought there was a place to check on the ressies, too. But, I can't find it.

Upgrades are essentially based on supply and demand. If there's demand for your category and available cabins in a higher category, you may be upgraded. Princess' Yield Management Department uses an algorithm to analyze bookings and assign upgrades.

I heard they have an Abacus. :)