Question regarding outside travel insurance and RCI confined to cabin credit

For the first time, I am contemplating purchasing other than RCI Cruise Care for my upcoming B2B cruise on the Grandeur. One of the benefits of the policy I am looking at (cheaper than RCI's for the B2B) states that it will refund you the cost of each day that you are confined to your cabin because of illness.

Has anyone had this experience:

RCI issued a credit to you for days that you were confined to your cabin (such as in a Noro outbreak) and you had a policy that stated you would receive the cost of each day you were confined, did RCI still give you the credit?

Note: I have checked the websites of all cruise insurance providers that offer cabin confinement credit as one of their benefits and none of them speak to the issue of receiving cruise line credit in lieu of or in addition to credit from them.

While in the Mediterranean my husband got Noro. He was taken care of at no cost to us and received credit for that day of the cruise. He was also allowed anything he wanted out of the fridge (though he only wanted water). Royal was very caring during our "ordeal" as well. The officer at the front desk called to check on him as well as his doctor/nurse. Although I believe Royal does this for anyone with Noro as a way of encoraging people to report it.

Haven't purchased travel insurance through Royal since found out there are other companies out there with better rates. Always use a company independent of the cruise line. Doubtful that Royal would have time to check and see which passengers have insurance coverage and who doesn't. They would have no way of knowing of insurance arrangements if done independent of the cruise line.

Sounds like the insurance policy is a win-win. If something does occur and Royal covers, then saved time having to deal with insurance. If not, then have peace of mind of coverage.

Have a great time on your B2B!

Double dipping would be out.

If your daily cost to cruise was $60 a day and you were confined for some reason AND Royal gave you a $25 per day credit,,, then you would be entitled to claim a $35 per day from your insurance.

I don't believe Royal would ask about your insurance but I guess its really up to you whether or not you find it ethical to be credited twice.

Double dipping would be out.

If your daily cost to cruise was $60 a day and you were confined for some reason AND Royal gave you a $25 per day credit,,, then you would be entitled to claim a $35 per day from your insurance.

That all depends on the terms of the policy.

I don't believe Royal would ask about your insurance but I guess its really up to you whether or not you find it ethical to be credited twice.

Not a matter of being ethical-- 95% of the time I travel solo in a JS and pay the double supplement. Am unsure how RC handles the credit - since I am paying the double supplement. If RC only credits only one fare, then I would want the other (the double supplement) covered by insurance.

I had read on CC that insurance companies may give something to those who have been confined so I called my company after I got back and had had Noro on a cruise. It turned out that I had no claim because I had no financial loss. If I had booked an excursion for which I could not get a refund then they would have paid.

It may be different if a policy specifically states a reimbursement for any days in which you are confined to your cabin. Surely the insurance companies know that the cruise lines give future cruise credits so if the insurance company offers a reimbursement it seems it would be in addition to what the cruise line offers.