Leaving ship once 'embarked'

fraj1

Is it possible to leave the ship once 'embarked' on embarkation day? Typically if embarkation is from 12.30 and you don't sail till six pm is it possible to get off and visit the port?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Of course it is possible.

When leaving the ship, as in all other ports there will be the notice of what time guests must be back on board before sailing.

When flying in on the day of embarkation we always try to take the first flight out of London in the morning so we have a little time to enjoy the embarkation port.

Enjoy your cruise

In our limited experience it appears to depend on the Port. We did this easily at Venice & were about to do the same in Istanbul last year when we found out just in time that once we had gone through passports at the terminal we wouldn't be able to get off the ship. Instead we had to rescue our valuables from our hand-luggage, stuff them into our back packs & leave our luggage at the terminal to be loaded on to the ship. We then saw a bit more of that wonderful city & boarded the ship a few hours later.

Funny, we never had that problem in Turkey. We have always board the ship, had lunch, put our luggage in the stateroom and went back off the ship and wandered the Cities in all of the ports which had a later evening departure.

This was last June when the trouble had just started so maybe it was related to that. I don't know if it's changed since. We weren't very happy! So it may be worth asking at the terminal before you check in - just in case.

This was last June when the trouble had just started so maybe it was related to that. I don't know if it's changed since. We weren't very happy! So it may be worth asking at the terminal before you check in - just in case.

Thanks, good to know. We have been there several times before, and will be back in August for a B2B with Istanbul and the B2B point. I will not be happy if we cannot get on and off the ship there, but I di not think it will be a problem

In our limited experience it appears to depend on the Port. We did this easily at Venice & were about to do the same in Istanbul last year when we found out just in time that once we had gone through passports at the terminal we wouldn't be able to get off the ship. Instead we had to rescue our valuables from our hand-luggage, stuff them into our back packs & leave our luggage at the terminal to be loaded on to the ship. We then saw a bit more of that wonderful city & boarded the ship a few hours later.

That's odd. We boarded in mid-May and left our hand luggage in the cabin, had a quick lunch and then went out to a museum for the afternoon. (Oceania, not Azamara, but that should not make a difference.)

That's odd. We boarded in mid-May and left our hand luggage in the cabin, had a quick lunch and then went out to a museum for the afternoon. (Oceania, not Azamara, but that should not make a difference.)

I find it odd as well. Another possible option is to check your luggage but not actually check-in on the ship. We have done that before.