Live from the Quest!

farmaceerep

Well, our time on the Quest is coming to an end. It's sad to think that tomorrow at this time we will be traveling home. It certainly has been a wonderful vacation. The ship, the crew, the Captain, the weather were perfect. For those of you with upcoming cruises on the Quest, Captain Jose will be the Master of this ship for a few more months. You will be in great hands. I have never seen a captain more than I have on this cruise. He is so friendly, informative and kept us very safe (I told you about our frightening storm the other night). Last night, we had our white night party. It was a lot of fun. Russ and the crew kept us dancing and having a good time.

Today, we toured Capri by the sea. So gorgeous! I can't post picture from this iPad but will do so when I get home. We took a lot of the ships excursions and they were first-rate. They use very knowledgable and personable guides so each trip was great. Normally, we do not like these kinds of group tours but the tours were included in our promotion rate.

We were able to get a last minute reservation for Prime (the specialty steak house). Wow! What a fabulous meal! For those of you skeptical about paying extra for this meal and service, I highly recommend it! Such a treat!

After 20 or more cruises, this has to be the top three! We enjoyed it immensely and would love to book another Azamara cruise in the near future.

Well, our time on the Quest is coming to an end. It's sad to think that tomorrow at this time we will be traveling home. It certainly has been a wonderful vacation. The ship, the crew, the Captain, the weather were perfect. For those of you with upcoming cruises on the Quest, Captain Jose will be the Master of this ship for a few more months. You will be in great hands. I have never seen a captain more than I have on this cruise. He is so friendly, informative and kept us very safe (I told you about our frightening storm the other night). Last night, we had our white night party. It was a lot of fun. Russ and the crew kept us dancing and having a good time.

Today, we toured Capri by the sea. So gorgeous! I can't post picture from this iPad but will do so when I get home. We took a lot of the ships excursions and they were first-rate. They use very knowledgable and personable guides so each trip was great. Normally, we do not like these kinds of group tours but the tours were included in our promotion rate.

We were able to get a last minute reservation for Prime (the specialty steak house). Wow! What a fabulous meal! For those of you skeptical about paying extra for this meal and service, I highly recommend it! Such a treat!

After 20 or more cruises, this has to be the top three! We enjoyed it immensely and would love to book another Azamara cruise in the near future.

So very glad to hear you had a great time. We are SO looking forward to our B2B in August aboard our home away from home, The Quest. Have a safe trip home.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I were on the July 2 - 12 Quest sailing Venice to Venice. It was our first time on an Azamara cruise and we enjoyed it - primarily for the port itinerary. The Azamara Evening in Hvar with Ana Rucner was amazing. The Quest was nice but not up to our expectations. We have cruised with Regent, mostly on the Voyager, and are admittably spoiled. On occasion the tables around the pool remained uncleared for long times (over 30 min.) and utensiles were scattered about the deck. We enjoyed the food in the main restaurant but the dinner in Prime C was not worth the extra cost. The entertainment onboard was nothing to write home about. Our waiter in the main dining room was great (after the first meal we requested a table in his area each night) and the wine steward found the very last bottle of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling for me (it wasn't listed on the wine list). So, for us, Azamara Quest had its ups and downs.

Wife and I were on the July 2 - 12 Quest sailing Venice to Venice. It was our first time on an Azamara cruise and we enjoyed it - primarily for the port itinerary. The Azamara Evening in Hvar with Ana Rucner was amazing. The Quest was nice but not up to our expectations. We have cruised with Regent, mostly on the Voyager, and are admittably spoiled. On occasion the tables around the pool remained uncleared for long times (over 30 min.) and utensiles were scattered about the deck. We enjoyed the food in the main restaurant but the dinner in Prime C was not worth the extra cost. The entertainment onboard was nothing to write home about. Our waiter in the main dining room was great (after the first meal we requested a table in his area each night) and the wine steward found the very last bottle of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling for me (it wasn't listed on the wine list). So, for us, Azamara Quest had its ups and downs.

Which waiter would you recommend in the main dining room?

This seems to have been ignored so I'll pitch in. We were at this port in June. The ship actually docks at Bartin, a nondescript port about half an hour down the shore from charming Amasra. If you wish to visit, they provide a regular free shuttle bus service, back and forth, during the day. I highly recommend having a fresh fish lunch at one of the seaside restaurants. Order one of their famous salads....you won't believe the veggie-art! The town is quaint and scenic, not too much to see. The public bathroom, near the bus terminal, is pretty primitive, so try to use the facilities in a restaurant. There is a tour to Saffranbalou offered, very expensive and lots of time travelling....we opted out. Had a lovely day in Amasra, instead.

Sorry your Azamara cruise wasn't quite what you had hoped. If you are used to Regent I can understand how Azamara might not have ticked all the boxes for you.

Presumably though the cruise was somewhat less expensive than those you have enjoyed on Regent.

The Regent ships do look lovely but I do not want to pay a premium for included excursions as private tours are our preferred option.

We join Quest in a month and hope that we do not encounter some of the issues that you did.

Happy cruising whichever line you select in the future