Seriously? It's ILLEGAL???

NotACruiserYet

whether or not we agree or understand it, its their law and if you want to visit Barbardos, you have to follow their laws.

They have people at every door checking for Camo. Good thing because I would hate to try to sneak out onto the island and end up arrested for a pair of shorts. Just not worth it to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing many posters on this thread live in the USA, as do I. We are used to being able to say anything, wear anything, read anything we want because the First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees us freedom of expression. No other country in the world protects expression to the extent the US does. Things like 'no camo' (which can seem silly to us) are actually good reminders of the freedoms we enjoy, and offer us an opportunity to be gracious visitors by being aware of and complying with the laws in other countries.

No other country in the world protects expression to the extent the US does.

Are you sure about that statement, because I'm sure not. There are other countries in the World that take civil liberties such as freedom of speech pretty seriously you know.

I'm guessing many posters on this thread live in the USA, as do I. We are used to being able to say anything, wear anything, read anything we want because the First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees us freedom of expression. No other country in the world protects expression to the extent the US does. Things like 'no camo' (which can seem silly to us) are actually good reminders of the freedoms we enjoy, and offer us an opportunity to be gracious visitors by being aware of and complying with the laws in other countries.

Last time I lived in America it was a Federal Crime to wear anything made from any part of a US Flag.

Last time I lived in America it was a Federal Crime to wear anything made from any part of a US Flag.

If you have the time to sit down and actually cut up an american flag to make a pair of shorts then you have too much time on your hands ;) That being said, there are very few countries that allow as much freedom of speech and the abuse of it as does the U.S. Anyway, we will be in barbados on 11/8 and my husband was surprised that no camo are allowed. Is it anything military or just camo? He has a lot of hats that have military symbols on them and I want to give him a heads up that day. Perhaps the Phillies/Eagles hat would be best that day:D

• 2 weeks later...