!*! FREEDOM !*! Southern Caribbean 6/22/14 -Heavy on photos of 2.0 upgrades & menu

CleveCruiser

8:45 – Guess….Scotts! Spent the rest of the night relaxing, chatting, and walking around.

OKAY...OKAY...I looked ahead....this is my LAST two photos of him.

Pictured here is the fabric softener shot; did I talk about this already? Well, ask Seth about it if you get a chance. It sounds gross, but it is actually quite good (Baileys, blue curacao, and tequila). Don't judge until you try it !!

DSC04355_zps8643c7e0.jpg

This piano singer seems like he was very good. Sorry if you said earlier, but did he play any rock music such as Bon Jovi, Journey, Queen, or Zeppelin?

GREAT!!!! looking forward to the rest of your review!

We go on the Freedom Aug 16th same 8-Day Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Thanks again for posting!!!!

we're on the same cruise...we have a meet & greet going on ..check it out on the roll call

You did a fantastic job on this review! I loved that you took so many photos! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I have never been brave enough to do a review, although I love reading them. I don't think I could ever figure out photobucket! Thanks again for all your hard work!

Excellent review by a fellow Buckeye!! Could you give me a few more details on the photo shoot, how you set it up, how much, packages or individual pricing. etc. I think this might be just the ticket for our senior to get her photos on a January cruise we are planning.

Thanks, and again, wonderful job.:):)

I wish we could get that nice sailing from Galveston, the only one like that is a special 3 week sailing next November on the Triumph...

I see that Carnival seems to be listening and offering some more longer cruises. We love the longer ones....It seems like so much to prep for a 5-day and it is over so fast, understanding that not everyone can get that much time off...

It's a tough choice they make...must suit the masses I guess!

Hope to cruise out of Galveston soon...wonder how that of a drive THAT will be!

fantastic review and great pics...we're doing the same itinerary and doing the Seavis tours...can't wait...

so maybe i missed it but what camera do you use???

Thank you, it was a learning experience (for sure!). You are going to love seavis. It was nice we had a group to do with ... but their communications are very clear-cut.

Have fun!

This piano singer seems like he was very good. Sorry if you said earlier, but did he play any rock music such as Bon Jovi, Journey, Queen, or Zeppelin?

Seth is very versatile (gushing again!) He played a lot of Journey...I think a Queen song... I don't remember Zeppelin or Bon Jovi...but he had a large playlist to choose from and did songs for people NOT on the playlist too. If he didn't know all the words...he had a LOT of fun faking it. Challenge him!

Excellent review by a fellow Buckeye!! Could you give me a few more details on the photo shoot, how you set it up, how much, packages or individual pricing. etc. I think this might be just the ticket for our senior to get her photos on a January cruise we are planning.

Thanks, and again, wonderful job.:):)

The photo shoot was "free" to do, due to the special they said they were having. It seems like the special is going on all the time though :)

We went to the checkout desk at the Pixel gallery and asked about it. They had one photographer who did it they whole cruise. He had samples of his work. You were under no obligation to buy. It was a chunk of change...but not too much more than getting them done for school on land. And we got ALL the photos he took on disc. I told them I had budgeted about $400 and that was def low... Let's just say... if you want to --- you could spend 3x that. There were packages.... they have all the info at Pixels.

such a great review! Thanks for posting!

It was a pleasure, as it was a learning experience...and I got to relive my cruise too! Hope it helped you in some small way!

You did a fantastic job on this review! I loved that you took so many photos! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it. I have never been brave enough to do a review, although I love reading them. I don't think I could ever figure out photobucket! Thanks again for all your hard work!

Thanks, I appreciate it. It was a learning experience. Kind of makes you cruise different, because you are not only thinking of snapping memories for the family, but for the review too. Not that it added to much stress, except for the darn menu shots!

Photobucket can be simple or tricky, you can use it just to upload--and I am learning all the other things you can do with it too. If you do it, just be aware that although it is "free" you quickly suck up that bandwidth and then the pics don't show...then you must pay for extra BW. I did not do research to see if it is cheaper/easier on other sites. A learning experience for sure. I think it (uploading) is free with facebook? Ah well...I do go on....Thanks again! :)

This review was amazing. We are sailing this same cruise in October and this makes me even more excited about it. Thanks for your time and effort! Loved it!!!

The same itinerary? How fun...there are so many different things to do in each port. I could do this itinerary again, with different activities in port...and it would seem like a new cruise. Have fun planning your cruise! And thanks for the kind words. :)

Thank you, it was a learning experience (for sure!). You are going to love seavis. It was nice we had a group to do with ... but their communications are very clear-cut.

Have fun!

Hey "Barb & Steve" - what a terrific review. Doing the same itinerary in late sept/oct. Can't wait. Jack's Shack sounds like a must. And Eagle Beach looks like my dream beach spot. Can't wait. I am a Carnival virgin, but my cruising buddy convinced me & she says the food on Carnival is better than RCI where I have done most of my cruising over the last year. Your dinner pictures sure back that up. Add my thanks to all the others for the great review & pictures!

You did such a great review, loved it!!! Can't wait till she is here in Galveston. I have one question about the photo with your luggage tag covers, were did you get them? You would think after 30+ cruises I would had found them by now. I'm sick of using packing tape every time to cover them. Thanks so much.

Great Review! LOVE your photos! In fact, your review just pushed me over the edge - just booked the same itinerary for November! CAN'T wait! Carnival should give you a commission!;) Thanks Again!

You did such a great review, loved it!!! Can't wait till she is here in Galveston. I have one question about the photo with your luggage tag covers, were did you get them? You would think after 30+ cruises I would had found them by now. I'm sick of using packing tape every time to cover them. Thanks so much.

I do not know where the OP got theirs, but check out

favors by serendipity dot com (it won't let my paste the URL, but just google them)

also amazon carries them.

Edited by brewrat

fantastic review and great pics...we're doing the same itinerary and doing the Seavis tours...can't wait...

Camera you ask?

Oh wow, These are simple times I live in!

I would say 50% of them are my old old old old Point and Shoot: Sony Cybershot DSC-W230 (I know that, cause it is on the table next to me! LOL). 40% are my newer (drum-roll please.... heehee) Canon Powershot D20. And then some more (the cream of the crop ones!) are my sisters Olympus Tough (looks like a TG-1 on google).

Thanks for asking... I brought a big Canon with me and never used it! I like that I can stick these in my pocket.

Hey "Barb & Steve" - what a terrific review. Doing the same itinerary in late sept/oct. Can't wait. Jack's Shack sounds like a must. And Eagle Beach looks like my dream beach spot. Can't wait. I am a Carnival virgin, but my cruising buddy convinced me & she says the food on Carnival is better than RCI where I have done most of my cruising over the last year. Your dinner pictures sure back that up. Add my thanks to all the others for the great review & pictures!

Thanks, it was a learning experience to write a review!

We "cheaped out" at Jacks and did not do an excursion. It is a nice port to just relax at. Jacks is easy to walk to and (since we like dogs) the dogs provide some entertainment! Food is good. Service is casual...it is not a 5-star place! Kind of like a friends house...that happens to charge you for your food and drinks!

The food on Carnival is very, very good. We have some favorites and I hope you make some favorites too. Please don't be embarrassed to order two dinners/appetizers/desserts if you can't decide. We did that and all sampled the extra one so it was not wasted.

Thanks again, and have a Great Time! :)

Thanks for your kind words!

You will love Freedom! Her crew was great. The upgrades are great. I am jealous...it seems like we find a ship we like and the move it! I think Galveston may be too much of a drive from Cleveland!

I am not sure about what picture you saw covers in!?! Maybe they were my sisters, cause guess what....I use PACKING TAPE! LOL.

Sound like someone needs to invent something!

Happy cruising. :)

Great Review! LOVE your photos! In fact, your review just pushed me over the edge - just booked the same itinerary for November! CAN'T wait! Carnival should give you a commission!;) Thanks Again!

Wow...that is very kind of you! I think you will really enjoy it; half the fun for us is in finding great excursions!

Have a great trip! and again, thank you! :)

I do not know where the OP got theirs, but check out

favors by serendipity dot com (it won't let my paste the URL, but just google them)

also amazon carries them.

OK.... I checked out the website...those ARE very nice! They must have been sisters :confused:

Thanks for the tip!

I love CC!

Thanks for your kind words!

You will love Freedom! Her crew was great. The upgrades are great. I am jealous...it seems like we find a ship we like and the move it! I think Galveston may be too much of a drive from Cleveland!

I am not sure about what picture you saw covers in!?! Maybe they were my sisters, cause guess what....I use PACKING TAPE! LOL.

Sound like someone needs to invent something!

Happy cruising. :)

You could fly to Houston and take a transfer to Galveston :D...