Drink package use in specialty restaurant?

I've searched everywhere on the forum and Internet and couldn't find the latest answer... I'm thinking of getting the premium drink package but would like to know if I can use it in specialty restaurants as well? Thanks.

There are some drinks not included. The "specialty" drinks in some restaurants (like Japanese drinks in Izumi) are often priced higher or are excluded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I suppose as long as I drink within the package items then I'm OK. Thanks! I suppose usually specialty restaurant can price drinks higher but we can just pay the difference.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

If wine by the glass or a drink priced above those included in the package is ordered, the system recognized your package and reduces the amount by the maximum amount allowed by the package you have booked.

So, when I ordered a 'premium' wine by the glass, I paid just the $4 up-charge to the higher priced glass of wine.

Not all staff are aware that their system is set up this way and some even try to say that you can not order a specific wine as it is not included in the package. This is incorrect and all wines by the glass can be ordered.

The system itself doesn't recognise that you have the package on your account. I repeatedly had to get soda and alcoholic drink charges reversed on the Radiance when I ordered in the Windjammer. For some reason the staff in there had great difficulties noticing the sticker on my card. The full price was charged, even though all drinks were fully covered by the package.

If wine by the glass or a drink priced above those included in the package is ordered, the system recognized your package and reduces the amount by the maximum amount allowed by the package you have booked.

So, when I ordered a 'premium' wine by the glass, I paid just the $4 up-charge to the higher priced glass of wine.

That is great to know! I wanted to order the wine and beer package because I don't drink hard liquor. I was under the impression that you could only order an $8 glass of wine on that package and would need the premium drink package to get the more expensive wines (which naturally are the ones I drink). Will have to do the math to see if it makes sense to a) go with the premium package and not worry about the upcharge or b) go with the wine and beer package and pay the upcharge).

The system itself doesn't recognise that you have the package on your account. I repeatedly had to get soda and alcoholic drink charges reversed on the Radiance when I ordered in the Windjammer. For some reason the staff in there had great difficulties noticing the sticker on my card. The full price was charged, even though all drinks were fully covered by the package.

(scratch that... missed the part where you said Radiance)

I was on the Oasis and the crew flat out told me the sticker is meaningless. Everything is stored electronically and your drink package is linked to your account, so when your card is scanned, they automatically know if you have the package.

Sounds like you were either dealing with some lazy employees, or some who were trying to incorrectly charge you for drinks without you noticing.

Edited by Beardface

I've searched everywhere on the forum and Internet and couldn't find the latest answer... I'm thinking of getting the premium drink package but would like to know if I can use it in specialty restaurants as well? Thanks.

no problem to use this package.