Kids on HAL?

huneymoonerz

We usually go Carnival due to our kids ages but I'd like to cruise with my husband's grandmother and she is a HAL gal.

I'd be taking my extremely extroverted 6yo DD with me. Do you think she'd be entertained enough on board? She loves camp and swimming.

I'm looking at a 7 day West Coast area cruise.

My sister used Club HAL for her DD and was blown away. It's one of HAL 's best kept secrets IMO .

If you want to see a sample schedule of activities, please visit HALfacts.com (the link is in my signature. If you click the general info tab you will see Club HAL as well as menus and other good stuff.

There are pics and comments on cabins for the different ships on the other tabs.

All the information has been kindly donated by Cruise Critic members who have been on the ships

Edited by kazu

Kazu, you just MADE. MY. DAY.!!!!! I hadn't seen the sample of Club HAL events on the HALFacts website! YAY!!!

HuneyMoonerz, this is our third cruise, second cruise with children. My oldest will be turning 7 on our cruise next month and she's so excited about Club HAL. When she tells people we are going to Alaska one of the first things she talks about is Club HAL. The last time we sailed she was too young for the Kids club, but we were allowed to use the playroom when there weren't any kids in programs. Even then she had fun. The pools are also available.

Edited by AlohaPride

Kazu, you just MADE. MY. DAY.!!!!! I hadn't seen the sample of Club HAL events on the HALFacts website! YAY!!!

HuneyMoonerz, this is our third cruise, second cruise with children. My oldest will be turning 7 on our cruise next month and she's so excited about Club HAL. When she tells people we are going to Alaska one of the first things she talks about is Club HAL. The last time we sailed she was too young for the Kids club, but we were allowed to use the playroom when there weren't any kids in programs. Even then she had fun. The pools are also available.

Happy to help, there's a lot of info under that tab.

Thanks to 1of4 for contributing that info:D

We've read many reports here of kids that love Club HAL. If you go when other children are likely out of school, there should be plenty of children participating in Club HAL.

We've read many reports here of kids that love Club HAL. If you go when other children are likely out of school, there should be plenty of children participating in Club HAL.

There were 160 children on board the Volendam last week ( July 2-9), including a huge number of teenagers. We didn't even see them until the last night! I've never seen that many kids on board before (except maybe Christmas/New Years).

Our kids enjoy it as they do Carnival. It's a much more toned down camp which is nice. The kids have fun for sure and there isn't a ton of them either

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My eleven year old said just the other day that he prefers HAL over Carnival.

He thinks there are simply too many kids on Carnival and he gets more attention and more opportunities to actually "participate" on HAL, rather than fighting the masses.

I think that's an interesting point.