Yacht Club

I&J Cruisers

We are looking into booking a yacht club cabin. Many info anyone can provide would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should help:

MSC YACHT CLUB––A PRIVATE OASIS OF LUXURY & AMENITIES

The value of having your own sanctuary at sea with inclusive luxury amenities is immeasurable. And so our Fantasia-class ships offer an exclusive haven of luxurious suites with an opulent Concierge reception area, lounge, pool and bar area, plus a private restaurant and private access to the MSC Aurea Spa. MSC Yacht Club guests enjoy countless complimentary “extras” that aren’t extra at all – such as wines and spirits, signature Butler service and gourmet delights. Our luxury enclave offers a private club ambiance with breathtaking views from the very front of the ship, and a wealth of valuable amenities included in your fare.

The sumptuous suites are located on the prestigious foredecks, with breathtaking views, arrayed around their own separate Concierge Reception, Top Sail Lounge, swimming pool and other elegant amenities served by an exclusive round-the-clock butler service.

The result is an exclusive private club ambiance simultaneously offering privilege access to the unsurpassed variety of sports and leisure facilities, children’s and adults’ entertainment, shops, restaurants, bars, music and dance venues of MSC Cruises flagships.

MSC Yacht Club Amenities & Inclusions

· 24-hour Butler service

· Concierge services round-the-clock

· Suite amenities which include

o Fine wood finishes

o European king bed convertible to two single beds

o Memory foam mattress

o Egyptian cotton sheets

o Extensive pillow menu

o Walk-in closet with safe

o Marble bathrooms featuring tub with shower and hair dryer

o Courtesy use of luxury MSC Yacht Club bathrobes and slippers

o Complimentary en suite mini-bar

o 24-hour room service

o Television

o Nintendo Wii console

o Choice of daily newspaper in its original format

o Internet connection (fees apply)

o Direct-dial telephone (fees apply)

· Complimentary wines and spirits, beers, and soft drinks in all MSC Yacht Club venues

· Open-seating dining in private MSC Yacht Club restaurant (La Palmeraie aboard MSC Preziosa, Le Muse aboard MSC Divina, L’Olivo aboard MSC Splendida, L’Etoile aboard MSC Fantasia)

· The One Pool, Bar & Grill featuring a shaded swimming pool, spa baths, solarium and a superbly-stocked bar

· Top Sail Lounge, offering a varied selection of delicious complimentary drinks, gourmet delicacies and desserts throughout the day and night

· Direct private entrance to MSC Aurea Spa with massage and treatment rooms dedicated to MSC Yacht Club guests

· Select en suite spa services (fees apply)

· One complimentary thermal suite session (sauna & steam room)

· Private en suite & after-hours shopping

· Private shore excursions and chauffeur-driven guided tours with private photographer option (fees apply)

You will not be able to settle for anything else !

We cruise about 3 times a year on all the different cruiselines.

We started decades ago with portholes and have worked our way up to Junior Suites.

We were familiar with MSC because like Costa, they came to Florida for a few months every Spring. They were more reasonable then the other cruiselines and had better itineraries.

That is why I did not pay attention to any bad reviews about 'al dente' cooking or too many different languages. I loved the ships.

It is like a hobby for my husband to search the internet for cruises. He read about the yacht club about 6 months before the Divina got here. I was intrigued but also felt a bit snobby as it really sounded like bringing the class system back. Amenities are one thing but there is actually so much of the ship inself dedicated to the yacht club.

I booked a yc2 cabin for last January. It was only $100. more pp than the yc1. The tradeoffs....no balcony but floor to ceiling windows AND more than twice the square footage.

The cabin was incredible, like a small apartment. 2 totally seperated rooms/EACH WITH MOUNTED TV, dressing area, walkin closet, gigantic bathroom with 2 sinks, seperate shower with jets,large tub,etc,

There are only 3 of these cabins but we could be flexable with our date so I just looked for one.

When I saw pictures of the yc restaurant, I was not sure I would like it because we usually sit at a large table with others and all their tables appeared to be small. It was wonderful. We met so many nioce people there and the staff was the best ever.

The price has gone up since I booked but as soon as I got home....I booked a yc3 for next March. There are only 2 of these. A bit smaller than the yc2 but have a balcony. That cost $100. more pp than the yc2.

It may seem expensive but when you back out you alcohol,specialty coffees, sodas etc. it is not really that bad. Remember your mini bar in the room is also free and they stock it twice a day. Aside from the drinks, there are also snacks in there.

The pool area is great and not crowded, same for the lounge.

DO IT ! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT !

We have been looking for a change, 12 cruises in the NCL Havens have spoiled us.

Called MSC - they are having a "half-price" sale..........

Just booked two Yacht club suites approx. $8K per suite, for $4K and change for each suite on a 10 day cruise.

The Yacht club on the Divina sounds amazing!

Soooo, let the reading begin:D

All I can do is agree with everyone else about how phenomenal the YC is. We were in one of the 8 larger YC1 cabins in March and loved the experience so much that we have booked two more YC cruises in September and January. After almost 20 cruises on various cruiselines we have become YC converts.

Edited by Danbee46

I'll be in Yacht Club on Preziosa at the end of next month - can't wait! I've done YC on Splendida previously so know what to expect:D

My biggest dilemma is planning this trip. I've done this itinerary back in May and it visits some wonderful places so:

(A) should I disembark at the ports and visit places I missed last time?

OR

(B) should I stay onboard and have the Yacht Club practically to myself :rolleyes:?

Another dilemma:

(A) should I go to the wonderful shows in the evenings and spend the rest of the nights enjoying the great entertainment in the many bars (which would mean getting the Allegrissimo package. I've no intention of running up and down to Deck 15 for drinkies all night LOL)

OR

(b) should I remain in the Yacht Club at night and dine like an Italian, ie by spending the evening savouring a leisurely 7 course dinner before retiring to either the Top Sail Lounge or the One Pool bar for after-dinner drinks. The money saved by not buying the Allegrissimo could be put towards the Allegrissimo Premium on my March 2015 sailing!

Oh, decisions, decisions

Hi Bea,

First world problems!

seriously though, I need you to go ashore and report back so I am fully prepared for my September cruise! Don't be selfish, staying on board with complimentary drinks and spacious private sunbathing area! Ken:D

Hi Bea,

First world problems!

seriously though, I need you to go ashore and report back so I am fully prepared for my September cruise! Don't be selfish, staying on board with complimentary drinks and spacious private sunbathing area! Ken:D

Hi Ken

Just working on my pre-cruise tan at the moment LOL We're in for some mighty fine weather for the next few days - will save on buying the fake tan now!

I was just thinking of you in relation to what seems to be a fantastic offer on the MSC Ireland website for YC - don't want to flag it here as I'm sooooooo tempted I'm hoping it'll be available for some time yet as I can't commit to it @the mo. Suffice to say it's priced at almost 30% of the .co.uk site! And with my 10% off that again I'm finding it extremely difficult to ignore.

Regarding "reporting back" - I'm afraid I'm useless when it comes to that. That's why I never write reviews. I live in the moment and could have wonderful experiences be it in a resort or restaurant/bar, whatever. Just don't ask me where it was or what the name of the place was:rolleyes:

I usually travel with my elderly parents so we never get to venture far from the ship nor for very long. They like to eat all their meals onboard, too, as they're VERY picky eaters (for example, my mother lives on fries and desserts mainly which causes us no end of problems in the MDR as the waiters try to find alternatives to the menu on offer. Such a job we have explaining that it wouldn't matter what was on, she'd still only have the fries!)

This time it'll be just me & DH which brings me back to the main dilemma: to venture further while ashore and visit the sites we missed back in May eg we didn't get to see Ephesus nor did we get around much of Istanbul & Dubrovnik. (I would seriously consider doing a 3 day break in each of these cities as there's just too much to take in on a short cruise visit), OR stay onboard, enjoy the YC as the destination and, hopefully do this itinerary again when it's on special offer - bearing in mind that I hope to have a Black card by April next so could very well qualify for 20% off ;)

Hi Bea,

Decisions! Decisions! Ha! I would strongly recommend you visit Ephesus, though better if you can do it from Kusadasi. Istanbul is one of the easier ports as the tram is right outside the port. Hark at me, I haven't been to Istanbul yet. Not tanning here in Donegal yet! Off to hunt down that YC bargain! Ken

Hi Bea,

Decisions! Decisions! Ha! I would strongly recommend you visit Ephesus, though better if you can do it from Kusadasi. Istanbul is one of the easier ports as the tram is right outside the port. Hark at me, I haven't been to Istanbul yet. Not tanning here in Donegal yet! Off to hunt down that YC bargain! Ken

if you are going to Istanbul I can recommend these guides on how to do it DIY which are very well written by a seasoned cruiser (not me I may add)

http://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/1228-istanbul-turkey/32152-getting-around-istanbul.html

http://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/1228-istanbul-turkey/32311-one-way-do-istanbul.html

if you have an overnighter in Istanbul then these additional gides are useful

http://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/1228-istanbul-turkey/32531-one-way-do-istanbul-second-day.html

http://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/1228-istanbul-turkey/33569-one-way-do-istanbul-nocturnal-edition.html

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Ken, have a look at the Splendida 4 night sailing for the May Bank Holiday

Put your deposit in NOW it's a real bargain. ONLY £100 pppn for the YC:D:D:D

If I could book via Ireland I'd save over £500 even after applying my 20% Black Card discount.

your fellow countrymen truly have "The Luck Of The Irish"

Pete

Put your deposit in NOW it's a real bargain. ONLY £100 pppn for the YC:D:D:D

If I could book via Ireland I'd save over £500 even after applying my 20% Black Card discount.

your fellow countrymen truly have "The Luck Of The Irish"

Pete

Found it by pure chance a few weeks ago - I got my travel agent to check it out. I even contacted my solicitor about it as she'd asked me about cruising before and I thought this would be the perfect introduction to it.

I can't, however, justify doing it as I'll only be back from the Preziosa repo a couple of weeks beforehand. That's adding up to an arm and a leg in terms of costs as MSC charge for the Allegrissimo Classic on this sailing. The only difference I can see between that and the basic Allegrissimo is the price :mad:

I find MSC pricing very frustrating! eg Divina in the Med next year is not available on the .ie website - there's a gap from March 2015 to Nov 2015. I had to go to .co.uk to see the itinerary.

Ken, have a look at the Splendida 4 night sailing for the May Bank Holiday

Thanks Bea. Had a good look but with flights, hotel, tips etc, it would come to more than €1,800 which is a lot for a long weekend! The search goes on. Looking at a 7 day Baltic on Sinfonia in June 15. :D

Thanks Bea. Had a good look but with flights, hotel, tips etc, it would come to more than €1,800 which is a lot for a long weekend! The search goes on. Looking at a 7 day Baltic on Sinfonia in June 15. :D

I've just had a quick gander - the inside prices look good but it's a huge jump for a balcony and I've got to a stage where I can't consider anything other than having a balcony cabin. Originally it was for DH's comfort in having the late- night or early- morning fag. It has now become a must-have even though the original need doesn't come into play due to the smoking ban!

To return to the subject of the thread, ie Yacht Club, while I accept the point you make about it being an expensive long weekend, we're talking serious Yacht Club discount price. I reckon there's time, yet, to pick up a nice flight price on an Aer Lingus sale and I wouldn't be planning any hotel stays - I get a TA to book the whole trip so don't worry about missing the ship due to flight delays.

Speaking of TAs - I rang mine today re the YC pricing and booking the Royal Suite for the craic. He could access the YC1 but not the YC3 even though it was showing as available. He told me he'd contact MSC and get back to me. I received an email from him this afternoon stating "MSC ARE SAYING IT's a programming issue" !?

I've just had a quick gander - the inside prices look good but it's a huge jump for a balcony and I've got to a stage where I can't consider anything other than having a balcony cabin. Originally it was for DH's comfort in having the late- night or early- morning fag. It has now become a must-have even though the original need doesn't come into play due to the smoking ban!

To return to the subject of the thread, ie Yacht Club, while I accept the point you make about it being an expensive long weekend, we're talking serious Yacht Club discount price. I reckon there's time, yet, to pick up a nice flight price on an Aer Lingus sale and I wouldn't be planning any hotel stays - I get a TA to book the whole trip so don't worry about missing the ship due to flight delays.

Speaking of TAs - I rang mine today re the YC pricing and booking the Royal Suite for the craic. He could access the YC1 but not the YC3 even though it was showing as available. He told me he'd contact MSC and get back to me. I received an email from him this afternoon stating "MSC ARE SAYING IT's a programming issue" !?

On the UK site

ALL grades available ,,but look at the prices and compare them to your prices, within the grade/experience combos allowed; prices without any mSC discount.

Brt Ireland still has the bargain of the year

0001111.jpg

Here are the Irish prices with the UKpound conversion for comparison

00000000000011112.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

On th UK site

ALL grades available ,,but look at the prices and compare them to your prices, within the grade/experience combos allowed

Pete0001111.jpg

Pete, you totally convinced me to not pass up on the price being offered. It's been driving me nuts since I discovered it some weeks ago.

I finally bit the bullet this morning and rang the TA. I've left it with him to book YC3 if he can and, if not, then YC1 will do me just fine! As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't get a 5 Star hotel in Ireland at that price for a 4 night Bank Holiday weekend and that would be without drinkie-poos!!

Pete, you totally convinced me to not pass up on the price being offered. It's been driving me nuts since I discovered it some weeks ago.

I finally bit the bullet this morning and rang the TA. I've left it with him to book YC3 if he can and, if not, then YC1 will do me just fine! As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't get a 5 Star hotel in Ireland at that price for a 4 night Bank Holiday weekend and that would be without drinkie-poos!!

That's brilliant news .

I really hope you get a YC 3 and have a great cruise

If you don't get a YC3 try and get a square YC1

Pete

That's brilliant news .

I really hope you get a YC 3 and have a great cruise

If you don't get a YC3 try and get a square YC1

Pete

Thanks, Pete.

I've tried before to get a square one - MSC wouldn't allow me book it on the basis that it's a "family" size cabin. In other words, they're being kept for those with 3 people minimum occupying them. From posts I've read on this site, that criterion doesn't always seem to apply.

To be honest I won't mind if I don't get the YC3 - I've been in 16003 before during rough seas and it was horrendous. So much so, I'd vowed never to sail in a forward- facing cabin again. I think, though, the Royal Suite may cause me to break that vow :D:D

To return to the subject of the thread, ie Yacht Club, while I accept the point you make about it being an expensive long weekend, we're talking serious Yacht Club discount price. I reckon there's time, yet, to pick up a nice flight price on an Aer Lingus sale and I wouldn't be planning any hotel stays - I get a TA to book the whole trip so don't worry about missing the ship due to flight delays. !?

Hi Bea. I looked very seriously at the numbers last night. Missed €106 flights by minutes, latest €160 SAS plus bag, say €370. No hotel going out but return flight is at 10.30 am so couldn't chance that, so add hotel one night on return, dearer flights now 'bout €440, hotel and meals min €150, tips (auto plus YC staff) €150 est, that all comes to 'bout €1,840! Also, I am married to female version of BA Baracus.." Ah pity the fool thinks he gettin me on a plane for a long weekend!" So, i'll have to pass. Shame we won't meet up in May! Delighted you booked for YC. Just another cruise to look forward to! Ken

Hot here today. Difficult to work in this heatM:rolleyes:

Hi Bea. I looked very seriously at the numbers last night. Missed €106 flights by minutes, latest €160 SAS plus bag, say €370. No hotel going out but return flight is at 10.30 am so couldn't chance that, so add hotel one night on return, dearer flights now 'bout €440, hotel and meals min €150, tips (auto plus YC staff) €150 est, that all comes to 'bout €1,840! Also, I am married to female version of BA Baracus.." Ah pity the fool thinks he gettin me on a plane for a long weekend!" So, i'll have to pass. Shame we won't meet up in May! Delighted you booked for YC. Just another cruise to look forward to! Ken

Hot here today. Difficult to work in this heatM:rolleyes:

Fair play, Ken, you certainly did your homework on it. I haven't even got as far as considering flights yet! Just saw the YC price and found it hard to resist.

HOWEVER, I haven't managed to book it, yet. TA hasn't heard back from MSC - can you believe that?! :mad::mad:

I've just phoned the TA. He emailed MSC 3 times yesterday and is still waiting for a reply! I told him not to bother booking - the gloss has gone off it and it's conjuring up all the other negative experiences I've had when dealing with them.

You're right about all the other additional costs, Ken. And the timing of that sailing is little more than 3 weeks after I get back from the Preziosa repo! Maybe I won't want to see the inside of another ship after 3 weeks of the Atlantic :eek:

Hello all. Been doing my research for our January 2015 sailing. With all the new ships coming online its getting harder to choose (we like to try new ships). A friend told me about MSC Divina. We just got off NCL Getaway, stayed in The Haven. Looks like the one major difference between Yacht Club and Haven is that most beverages are included in your cruise price in The Yacht Club. Don't spend much time in our suite so the extra space isn't a deal breaker. Would love some input from cruiser's that have sailed both. Thanks :)