Best way from FLL or PBI to Port of Miami

DENIE

What is the best way to get from the Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm Beach airports to the Port of Miami? Will consider either shared transportation (van) or Executive Car/Limo if there are good options. I'm sure there are links, so if I can be pointed that direction, that would be great as well. Many thanks! :)

If you are not in a hurry and can handle your own luggage you could ride the Tri-Rail train for under $5 each from PBI to the MIA airport stop; from there it is an easy $24+tip/15 minute cab ride to POM.

If you do not want to ride the rails, then I agree with Keith's suggestions to rent a car (PBI) or use shared shuttle services (FLL) - SAS (www.ridesas.com), Go Airport, QLS and others are suggested on this board every day.

If you choose to rent a car, National, Alamo & Thrifty offer a free shuttle to/from POM from their MIA airport location.

If you are not in a hurry and can handle your own luggage you could ride the Tri-Rail train for under $5 each from PBI to the MIA airport stop; from there it is an easy $24+tip/15 minute cab ride to POM.

If you do not want to ride the rails, then I agree with Keith's suggestions to rent a car (PBI) or use shared shuttle services (FLL) - SAS (www.ridesas.com), Go Airport, QLS and others are suggested on this board every day.

If you choose to rent a car, National, Alamo & Thrifty offer a free shuttle to/from POM from their MIA airport location.

Thanks for this information. It was useful to me as well. We are sailing on the Epic next April and who knows if we will get a cheaper flight by going into FLL instead of MIA.

Have had excellent service from Quality Limo Service, talk to Karena. They pick up at the airport on a schedule. You'll need a cell phone for them to confirm with you or if they have trouble finding you, but if you wait where they tell you it all goes smoothly. We pre-paid on-line. Had an 11am pick-up, we were at the POM before noon. m--

The Tri Rail will run you approx $7 from PBI to Miami. The Tri Rail station is not within walking distance from the airport, so you will need to take a cab to West Palm Beach Train Station. The cab fare would run about $15. The Tri Rail schedule can be found here http://www.tri-rail.com/ , I am not sure if the schedule would be convient for your travel needs as the schedule is limited on the weekends and there is no train service on major holidays. In Miami, you would need to transfer to the Metro Rail at the Metro Rail Transfer Center http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/, The Metro Rail will take you to downtown Miami where you could catch a cab to the port. While the cost would be cheaper to take the trains, time wise it may be easier to just have a private car service arranged.

Edited by scubarn1

The time we did this, almost 2 years ago, there was a free shuttle to the Tri-Rail station. From MIA it would be easier and less hassle to catch a cab to POM or your downtown hotel.