buying items off carnival website b4 cruise

ccleveland

whats the latest that you can go on the carnival website and buy items before your cruise? Im cruising on 9/7 and i want to save up a little more and then purchase towards end of august. Is that allowed?

Sorry for the random, weird questions but this will be my 2nd cruise so I'm still learning:D

We purchased the cooler set last cruise 3 days prior to sail. I called (3 days prior to sail) Carnival first to see if the cooler sets were on the ship or at the terminal. I was told that item was in the terminal and if we wanted one to place the order that day. Could have been a line to get a sale, but we hung up and ordered online.

So our experience was it may depend if the item is on the ship or in the terminal.

I ordered a shirt for my daughter online before hand and was pleased with the way it was delivered. While it wasn't delivered when I specified (it was early- noooo big deal), it was all wrapped up nicely and made a good souvenir gift to give her when we got home. Almost two years later it's still one of her favorite shirts and has held up very nicely.

awesome. thanks for the info. Has anyone purchased the t-shirts, coolers, etc and ended up not liking the purchase because the material is bad or whatever?

The DD and I recently went on a 3-day and we purchased a few things pre-cruise. The sweatshirt for her had a hole in the underarm. It was a fiasco to get the exchange (I won't bore you with the rude customer service story from the cruise desk which went on several hours) but the exchange was made after the stores manager became involved. My DD loved the sweatshirt and I was pleased with my wine glass purchase. The purchased items both waited for us in our cabin in a nice Carnival stringed shopping bag when we embarked early.

cooool! I was looking at getting the yellow tshirt and the basic white one with carnival on it from the website along with the sweatshirt, the funship freddy animal, and the anniversary chocolate cake which looks yummy!

awesome. thanks for the info. Has anyone purchased the t-shirts, coolers, etc and ended up not liking the purchase because the material is bad or whatever?

Our first CCL cruise was back in 2002 and we were celebrating my DH coming home from deployment so we bought a package and we were really disappointed. It was nothing that we couldn't buy for the same price on the cruise and had we waited we would have had so many more choices. We've never bought anything pre-cruise since.

My parents did order a bottle of liquor last cruise and they were pleased with the convenience of having it in the room when they arrived.

About 2 years ago, I ordered the cooler bag with the 4 beers. It was in the cabin when I boarded the ship. Only thing was they did not have it on ice & had to run up to Lido to get it filled. Other than that, I still use that same bag today, at home & always take it back to the ship to use there. It has been an excellent purchase.

We like our cooler. The quality seems good. I have read people use them for years.

I bought the birthday decorations about a week before we sailed for my daughter's cabin and she loved them. I tried to book a spa nail appointment a day or two before sailing and it wouldn't let me because it was too close to sail day.

Well that's good info... I thought about buying the cooler but wasn't sure if it was the $30 something dollars. Does the cooler keep your drinks cool? I thought about waiting on the shirts but I realized they might not be on the ship for sale.

Well that's good info... I thought about buying the cooler but wasn't sure if it was the $30 something dollars. Does the cooler keep your drinks cool? I thought about waiting on the shirts but I realized they might not be on the ship for sale.

We did not see the sweatshirt ordered online for my daughter in the ship's stores but they must keep some of the items somewhere because they replaced her torn sweatshirt.

There are Tshirts for sale on board but not sure they are the same. Near the end of the cruise they will have a lot of Tshirts on sale in the gift shop.

I order water and soda because I don't want to lug it on board. I have also ordered the fruit and more basket which was very good.

The ice bucket in the room fits perfectly inside their cooler which keeps the cooler from leaking on the counter. Room steward will be happy to keep you stocked with ice.

Yes, the cooler does keep the drinks cold. I put my drinks into the cooler, then put ice over them. I asked the cabin steward to keep the cooler full with ice & he did. I put a towel underneath the cooler although my cooler never did leak. It would need to be re-iced 2 times a day.

I thought ordering bon voyage was one week prior but I must be mistaken. I too ordered the cooler and 4 beers several cruises ago. I bring it every time along with the koozies and cups. Mine does not leak but it will sweat so keep a towel under it.

See you on the Breeze 9/7!

Awesome guys! I really wish I had the cooler before I take the breeze on 9/7 but next cruise I will be sure to use the cooler.

So on to another topic... Has anyone delt with bad weather on cruises this year? If so tell us about it! I hope my 9/7 cruise is perfect but one day I might want to experience a little of the fun, bad weather.

A couple of years ago, I ordered birthday decorations for one cabin and the cooler (with four cups, hat & four diet sprites (they do any coke product) and a bottle of malibu. All were great purchases. I use the cooler as a lunch bag for work now. I can put a container of ice in it in the morning & it's still ice by evening. Mine collapses in a circle (is one of those pop up ones) & I love it!