American Table Menus

jkjmt

So the chances of them being on one leg of my B2B on the Breeze are slim to none???

if you were sailing in the next month sure.

you're sailing in 6 mo or so from what i see on your ticker... and so then the answer would be 'who knows'. lol. but as of now, no, there is nothing to indicate that it will be there for sure.

They're still changing the menus. Our Liberty cruise in May had Creme brûlée and grand mariner soufflé added back in, both were great. By mid June they had also added back the strawberry chilled soup.

We also had a lot of hot soup and salad choices than first announced. The for the table was gone except as individual servings.

I went in very apprehensive, but we were not displeased.

It was nice to see menu changes as it was getting kind of boring.

Glad to see several desserts and soup are back.

Who knows what their future plans are for the rest of the fleet? Perhaps something entirely new is coming.

I was on the Liberty on the 2nd week after they were launched. The menus are good. We were a group of 4 and there wasn't a night that any of us couldn't find something we liked to order. However, it is a much smaller menu than before and there is very minimal dessert selection - usually only 2 choices, sometimes 3. That is my pickiest course, but I still found something nightly.

What I found odd was that no one asked us ever what we thought of the new menus, new look etc. We received a letter prior to the cruise saying they would be approaching us during our cruise for significant feedback, but there was nothing at all and we spoke to come other cruisers who said the same thing. I would have thought at some point in 7 nights being only the 2nd group to experience the new menus there would have been greater interest in our thoughts.

My family and I tried the new menu last month on the Liberty.

My only complaint was having fewer choices. My 17-year-old is fairly adventurous, but he had a difficult time finding an entree each night.

I had a bit of the same problem, but then I was usually pleasantly surprised by my meal. The appetizers were all so good, and here there were plenty of choices. My favorites were the shrimp cocktail, the Oysters Rockefeller, and the alligator fritters, all from the old menu. My favorite entree was one of the new port specials, Mahi Mahi. This was the best meal that I have ever had on Carnival! The dessert choices were not as good on the new menu. I loved the creme brûlée. Other than that, I stuck with the WCMC.

I enjoyed the new menus, but I did miss a few things including my old favorite, the Indian meal. I think the Mahi Mahii made up for it, though. Yum!

what ships are the new menus on?

Imagination and Inspiration out of Long Beach are testing the 3 & 4 day menus. The Inspiration still uses tableclothes.

Glory and Liberty out of Miami are testing the 7 day menus. I have read that one of the is still using the tableclothes also.

We sailed on the Inspiration in February and again in May. The hostess said that the menus were constantly changing. When she said that she got a 'funny' look on her face. :p We noticed some things added and some of the recipes had been tweaked.

Edited by SadieN

Had it on the Liberty last month but it seemed different somehow. Not as good as I remembered it.

The bread pudding we had in May was not the same as the Bitter and Blanc. The new one is something with white chocolate and I think banana. I had heard it was good so I tried it. I thought the new one was awful. I love desserts and I only ate 2 bites of it. I don't know if it was an off night or something.

Also, I was hoping someone who has experienced the American Table Menus could respond to something. I was doing a little more research on them and even saw some menus that zydocruiser (not sure I spelled it correctly) had posted somewhere. Can anyone tell me if there are "every day" appetizers still available. Since I'm so picky, I usually would only get the spring rolls; but they were available every single day. Is that still the case b/c I only saw spring rolls on one menu for one day.

Also, I was hoping someone who has experienced the American Table Menus could respond to something. I was doing a little more research on them and even saw some menus that zydocruiser (not sure I spelled it correctly) had posted somewhere. Can anyone tell me if there are "every day" appetizers still available. Since I'm so picky, I usually would only get the spring rolls; but they were available every single day. Is that still the case b/c I only saw spring rolls on one menu for one day.

This past May there was shrimp cocktail, salad choices and a different flatbread that was every night. They also had hot soups, but not the same kind each night.

• 6 months later...

Just returned from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival Glory. One of the primary benefits to cruising, IMO, is the great dining experience we've enjoyed in the past.

American Table is a real disappointment. The choices are limited and unimaginative. Many, but not all, of the flavors were "ordinary." The service, described above by several others, was disorganized - not due to lack of effort or attitude, but because the SYSTEM is seriously flawed. The movements of the servers in the dining room, ALL of them, reminded me of an ant hill that had been kicked. It's apparent that they are not fans of this new COST CUTTING method, either.

Every businessman wants to maximize profits, especially in this economy but, to me, American Table is a show stopper.

So - I'll avoid ships that serve American Table in the future. If that includes the entire Carnival line, I'll forego the few benefits my Platinum status bestows, and seek another line that delivers on the level of meal service that Carnival taught me to expect.

Diver Don, Moline, IL

Carnival Inspiration 10/6/2002

Carnival Fantasy 1/15/2006

Carnival Sensation 1/14/2007

Carnival Sensation 1/13/2008

Carnival Sensation 2/15/2009

Carnival Paradise 1/18/2010

Carnival Spirit 1/23/2011

Carnival Ecstasy 1/16/2012

Carnival Sensation 1/20/2013

Carnival Fascination 11/25/2013

Carnival Glory 1/17/2015