St. Kitts Catamaran and Nevis Beach through RCCL & Leeward Charter question

youngestof9

We'll be in St. Kitts on February 3. I saw an excursion on Royal's site that is a catamaran over to Nevis and a BBQ lunch. Sounds great.

I also read a lot about Leeward Islands Charter who operates the same tour.

Is this the company that Royal uses? Has anyone done this excursion either through Royal or directly through Leeward? Is it cheaper through Leeward and do they book you if you're sailing on Royal? If I book through Leeward want to make sure we're back in time. I used the contact us on their site and am having a little trouble.

Thank you!

St. Kitts is a small island that you can certainly cover with a good tour guide. We were there two years ago and after seeing the highlights of the island, we spend the remaining time at the beach. Visiting St. Kitts a second time might spark interest in this day sail as something different.

Pinney's Beach in on the Caribbean side of Nevis from Charlestown to Cades Bay. Four Season has had a resort there since about 1991. The famous Sunshine's is also located on Pinney's as well as several other beach restaurant/bars.

Pinney's Beach in on the Caribbean side of Nevis from Charlestown to Cades Bay. Four Season has had a resort there since about 1991. The famous Sunshine's is also located on Pinney's as well as several other beach restaurant/bars.

I am very interested in this catamaran trip! How long are you on Pinny's Beach?

Thank you LuLu!

I just heard back from Leeward who said they provide their cats to Royal and Celebrity so I will have to book through the ship. I really want to go to Nevis.

Thanks!!

Why don't you just book direct with Leeward Island Charters?

The catamaran cruises to Nevis with snorkeling along the way & a BBQ lunch on Pinney's Beach in Nevis, has about a 2 hrs stay on Nevis. If the cruise ships that are in port have a contract with the catamaran company, you might not be able to book a cruise that day without using the excursion desk on your ship.

We'll be in St. Kitts on February 3. I saw an excursion on Royal's site that is a catamaran over to Nevis and a BBQ lunch. Sounds great.

I also read a lot about Leeward Islands Charter who operates the same tour.

Is this the company that Royal uses? Has anyone done this excursion either through Royal or directly through Leeward? Is it cheaper through Leeward and do they book you if you're sailing on Royal? If I book through Leeward want to make sure we're back in time. I used the contact us on their site and am having a little trouble.

Thank you!

I was looking at this excursion, too. It looks amazing. I believe there are "adult" beverages available on the way back to St. Kitts. They are included in the fare.

They have beverages available the whole excursion. Common sense usually prevails and little is consumed prior to snorkeling or arriving at Nevis. They bring the bar ashore. Local beer & soda as well as rum punches and other adult beverages are available at no charge. I have done this trip several times on my visits to St Kitts & everybody has a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everybody for your input - I booked the cat excursion through Celebrity.

Does anybody know if Leeward Islands also does the Celebrity Catamaran sail?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would assume. This is the email I received from them

We do provide tours for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises. Kindly note we are presently offering a 3 1/2 hour Sail and snorkel tour (KT98) and 4 1/2 hour St. Kitts Catamaran Sail & Nevis Beach Getaway (KTA4). These tours can be bought thru the ship or their website.

The above tours are the only tours that we have available while you are in port. KTA4 goes to Nevis but does not include snorkel stop. KT98 stops for snorkeling but does not go to Nevis.

We look forward to sailing with you.

• 4 weeks later...

What about Royal Caribbean Tour:KT93: A Day Trip to Nevis w/Lunch

Beginning in Basseterre, St. Kitts, you travel for 45 minutes by sea taxi along the coast of the South Eastern Peninsula to the

sister island of Nevis, also known as the “Queen of the Caribbean”.

Upon arrival into Charlestown, the capital, a short drive through the tranquil town, provides you with a glimpse of a simple, but

civilized Caribbean lifestyle and architecture. Here in Charlestown Nevis you will see the birth place of Alexander Hamilton, First

Treasurer of the United States

Your tour continues on the Nevis main road to Nevis Bath Springs. This Natural Hot Spring flows from the ground as signs of former

volcanic activity. The bath springs is set on the grounds of the historic Bath Hotel, which is said to be the first hotel in the Eastern

Caribbean.

Continue your tour a Converted Plantation as your native guide gives you history on life in Nevis. Arrive on Pinney’s Beach where

you will be served a delicious lunch at LIME Beach Bar. Sip on your choice of two (2) glasses of rum punch, local beer or fruit

punch at this traditional Caribbean style beach bar.

After lunch enjoy the tranquil water of the Caribbean Sea. A beach chair awaits you.

Anyone done this? And did you think it was worth the $120? Going on Quantum in January. TIA

Denise

With your ship being in port from 11 AM until 7 PM you do have some options to do a trip to Nevis on your port day in St Kitts. The ferry terminal is a short distance from Port Zante, it is walkable.. The fare are reasonable at about $20 roundtrip per adult. You could catch the 12:15 ferry over and arrive at about 1 pm or earlier. There will be taxis available as you leave the ferry dock in Nevis. There are several ferries that leave in the afternoon that will get you back to St Kitts to make your 7 PM departure. I believe that the $120 charge seems overpriced but if you have no idea of what you want to do in Nevis it may be the way to go.

With your ship being in port from 11 AM until 7 PM you do have some options to do a trip to Nevis on your port day in St Kitts. The ferry terminal is a short distance from Port Zante, it is walkable.. The fare are reasonable at about $20 roundtrip per adult. You could catch the 12:15 ferry over and arrive at about 1 pm or earlier. There will be taxis available as you leave the ferry dock in Nevis. There are several ferries that leave in the afternoon that will get you back to St Kitts to make your 7 PM departure. I believe that the $120 charge seems overpriced but if you have no idea of what you want to do in Nevis it may be the way to go.

Thanks for responding Paul58. I see your point, about the expense. I see they have a better ferry system than I expected. I googled for more info and found this schedule:

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-nevis-ferry-schedule.html

Denise