St. Thomas Coki Beach Questions

lexingtonave

Can anyone tell me the cost of a cab to Coki Beach. There will be 7 of us, four adults and three kids. Also, do you know what it costs to rent chairs and umbrella's. Thanks in advance for any info.

Coki Beach is about 20 mins from the pier and 2 chairs an umbrella was $20. Cab ride I believe was $9 pp.

We also went to Coki beach in January 2013. I think that $9 pp sounds about right....we were traveling with a group of 10 (6 adults, 4 kids) and were able to get a passenger style van that took all of us. I think we paid $110 or $120 with tip. We tipped generously, as our cab driver took us on a decent tour on the way back to ship and still got us back in plenty of time.

Chairs and umbrellas were $5-6 a piece I think. They also had rental snorkel equipment, beach toys, etc as well as lockers to rent. Bathrooms were clean, they had showers even if you needed to rinse off. This was the best day of our cruise at this port, great snorkeling right from the shore, beautiful beach. My husband loved the jerk chicken, rice, and fried plantains from the little restaurant on the beach.

We also went to Coki beach in January 2013. I think that $9 pp sounds about right....we were traveling with a group of 10 (6 adults, 4 kids) and were able to get a passenger style van that took all of us. I think we paid $110 or $120 with tip. We tipped generously, as our cab driver took us on a decent tour on the way back to ship and still got us back in plenty of time.

Chairs and umbrellas were $5-6 a piece I think. They also had rental snorkel equipment, beach toys, etc as well as lockers to rent. Bathrooms were clean, they had showers even if you needed to rinse off. This was the best day of our cruise at this port, great snorkeling right from the shore, beautiful beach. My husband loved the jerk chicken, rice, and fried plantains from the little restaurant on the beach.

I should add, that taxi cost was round trip. Our taxi driver gave us his card, and the people at Coki beach just called him when we were ready to go....he told us just to give him 1/2 hrs notice.

You will Love Coki Beach!

$9.00 is right but is one way. It cost us $90.00 to get to the beach and back.

Don't forget dog treats to feed the fish...they Love them!!!!!

Have Fun at Coki!!!!!

You will Love Coki Beach!

$9.00 is right but is one way. It cost us $90.00 to get to the beach and back.

Don't forget dog treats to feed the fish...they Love them!!!!!

Have Fun at Coki!!!!!

I'm certain ours was round trip for that price.

"Don't forget dog treats to feed the fish...they Love them!!!!!"

PLEASE! Do not feed the fish. There are many reasons for this. What happens when you don't show up to feed them? Dog food does not provide the nutrients they need. And if you feed the smaller fish, you encourage their predators to come for a meal.:eek:

LOL...Nothing wrong with feeding the fish dog treats. They are not bad for them. It is even encouraged by the locals and the people who run the beach...they gave us 3 big treats when we arrived. I had read the tip on CC before we left so we had our own too.

What happens when no one feeds them? lol...Well, they are wild and I think they can find there own food as well!

I was wondering what the cab cost was. Roundtrip that's $72 for the 4 of us. More than I really care to spend on cab fare. :( Oh well.

Definitely don't feed the fish. Bad advice. The ocean provides what they need.

Not sure where you're docked but Coki is $8pp each way from Havensight ($64 total for 4 ppl). The East End beaches are very beautiful and worth the expense. You can also rent a car if in port long enough but that would probably run about the same...

LOL...Nothing wrong with feeding the fish dog treats. They are not bad for them. It is even encouraged by the locals and the people who run the beach...they gave us 3 big treats when we arrived. I had read the tip on CC before we left so we had our own too.

What happens when no one feeds them? lol...Well, they are wild and I think they can find there own food as well!

Definitely wrong on your info there smjlt, the only person that would recommend doing that is someone making money from you being there you. Do not feed the fish dog or other treats.

Not sure where you're docked but Coki is $8pp each way from Havensight ($64 total for 4 ppl). The East End beaches are very beautiful and worth the expense. You can also rent a car if in port long enough but that would probably run about the same...

Thanks blue water. Either way we're going. Love St. Thomas!

Definitely wrong on your info there smjlt, the only person that would recommend doing that is someone making money from you being there you. Do not feed the fish dog or other treats.

Thank you. We saw people doing that in Cozumel and they were asked to stop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

We were just at Coki almost 2 months ago, had a party of 8 people and we were charge $10pp each way.

The food was around $4 for a beer, $6/8 for fruity drinks, wings or hamburger platter with fries around $10/11.

Beach chairs were $5 each and the umbrella was $10 I believe.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested in seeing a lot of pictures of the place. It probably has the exact pricing listed in it since I wrote it right after we returned. :)

The people who run snorkeling operations frequently do not have the interests of the wildlife at the top of their minds. They are concerned about making money for themselves and telling you that it is okay. You are reading tips here on CC from people who do not have a great deal of information about Caribbean ecosystems. When fish are trained to be fed, they quickly forget how to get their own food. AND their predators (think BIG fish!) learn about feeding time.

You are reading tips here on CC from people who do not have a great deal of information about Caribbean ecosystems.

So, that begs the question: Which tips do we ignore and which do we heed? The ones that say it is OK to feed the fish, or the ones that say NOT to feed the fish?

So, that begs the question: Which tips do we ignore and which do we heed? The ones that say it is OK to feed the fish, or the ones that say NOT to feed the fish?

There is a ton of excellent and useful info on these public forums, but there is also a lot of misinformation and folks just need to use some common sense when reading these posts and relying on the information provided.

We were just at Coki almost 2 months ago, had a party of 8 people and we were charge $10pp each way.

I think $10 is typical for Sapphire and SH and often Coki. But many ppl report paying only $8 to Coki from WICO so can't answer why there's a diff...It is the first and closest stop so $8 makes sense but...?