"Chinese" food needed onboard

If we want truly authentic Asian food (or any other ethnic food, for that matter), then we would have to go to the country of origin for it. Having been to Singapore, India, Thailand, Hong Kong and mainland China, and other countries in that area, I agree, the food on a cruise ship is not authentic. But I don't expect it to be. :) I think they do a decent job with what they do offer onboard.

they had mongolian bq for dinner in the windjammer on Grandeur. The only other thing I wish they would offer are difference sauces to mix in...terayki, soy, bq honey....different sauces like that. They had a few choices of meats and a decent choice of veggies. I believe they had choice of noodles and rice? I may be confusing that one though.

I would love if they offered westernised Chinese food on board. I am really not a fan of the food at Izumi. It seems like they're trying a little too hard to be fancy. And buffet Chinese just doesn't taste right. It's gotta be cooked fresh. I'm not a fan of dim sum but I'm sure they could offer it as a breakfast/lunch option. A "Chinese" option could probably be done, but it just needs to be done right. :)

Edited by Royalty X

Legend Windjammer's Chef Tan makes incredibly good stir fry. We loved it on our December '13 cruise and really looked forward to it on our March cruise only to be disappointed that Chef was on vacation.

I, too, always order the Singapore noodles at lunch when they have them.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my wife and I always say when we are onboard (usually around 1 a.m.) "you know what would be good right now? Chicken fingers." Now I did put the Chinese in quotations because I know that chicken fingers,boneless spareribs and the like are Americanized foods. That being said anyone else ever think that RC should get some of these tasty snacks onboard?

Chicken fingers and wings would be great idea