Cheers - What do you start with?

gatorphin

So many choices! Do you start with mixed drinks, frozen drinks, beer? Think I'll start my day drinking mixed then switch to beer. :)

Whichever way you start just remember "beer before liquor will make you sicker, liquor before beer your in the clear.":)

Whichever way you start just remember "beer before liquor will make you sicker, liquor before beer your in the clear.":)

Actually, this has been proven to be a myth. In short, the body doesn't care. Alcohol is alcohol, and it makes no difference whether it's received in beer, wine, or hard alcohol. It's all about the proof/amount that makes you drunk or sick.

I pretty much stick with a spicy Bloody Mary. My fave. Thinking I'll have to branch out a bit next trip. Last cruise I got a couple of the drinks of the day an didn't care for them and gave them to someone else. And ordered virgin drinks for some friends a few times, no issues there.

We start with a Miami Vice when we board. On a "normal" day we start with Bloody Marys and then I usually switch to rum & Coke or Long Island Iced Tea and my fiance drinks beer during the day, vodka in the evening.

Haven't had any problem with sharing. On our last cruise a bar waiter actually encouraged us to share so we "bought" drinks for some new friends. I wasn't sure we were allowed but she said it didn't matter who was drinking it.

We start with a Drink of the Day to celebrate our vacation then move to our regular favorite drinks. Of course we also like trying new stuff, especially from the Alchemy Bar if it is available!

As far as sharing goes, it depends on the waiter or bartender. I have had one say something when my wife asked me to taste her drink. Then others encouraged sharing, so it depends. I would think an exta tip will take care of any issues.

I start with a DOD upon boarding, then move on to ridiculously fruity drinks like banana daiquiris, then settle in for the night with my bourbon and diet coke. :) For the rest of the cruise, I may have a mimosa or two to start the day, then move on to wine, pomegranate martinis, or bourbon. Other than on embarkation day, I have very simple alcohol tastes. :)

Got to start with the DOD :D

I totally agree!

DOD...Funship Special is how I always begin a cruise! I find they are nice and strong on embarkation day and not too sweet.......just perfect!!

After that I have varied.....

On one cruise the Miami Vice by day and Chipotle Matini by night was my desired beverage...last cruise I had spicy margaritas

I enjoy red wine at dinner no matter what

You are not supposed to "share" drinks with Cheers .... the only time I did this was when I "bought" drinks for the Piano Bar entertainer.... when I ordered a drink for him they put it on my "cheers tab"

Liquor before beer....in the clear!

Beer before liquor, never sicker!

Start out with something refreshing like a Grey Goose and Sprite tall w/lemon & limes. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app