BOGOHO Back

What does BOGOHO stand for?

BUY ONE GET ONE HALF OFF. Just before this latest BOGOHO sale most cruise prices rose quite noticeably so really to now get half off for the second person often means little to no saving on most stock compared to the original BOGOHO promotion that Royal ran back in June/July.

I've checked my bookings that I made during early June & there are no savings to be had so I won't be contacting Royal to cancel then re-book.

Besides, I've booked my preferred cabins so this latest BOGOHO sale is of no interest to me.

Suggest any with Royal bookings do their own checking though.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

BUY ONE GET ONE HALF OFF. Just before this latest BOGOHO sale most cruise prices rose quite noticeably so really to now get half off for the second person often means little to no saving on most stock compared to the original BOGOHO promotion that Royal ran back in June/July.

I've checked my bookings that I made during early June & there are no savings to be had so I won't be contacting Royal to cancel then re-book.

Besides, I've booked my preferred cabins so this latest BOGOHO sale is of no interest to me.

Suggest any with Royal bookings do their own checking though.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for that. I had read on RCL forums that people had noticed prices gone up so much be a sale around the corner. Walloa.

Just noticed this sale is back and had a look at our booking now $900 cheaper will be in touch with TA tomorrow

I'm quite surprised that it is actually cheaper to book now than when the sale wasn't on as most the cruises I've looked at are exactly the same price as before or more because they increased the fares so much for the first person that it makes no difference. :p

You must have booked when they upped the prices just to make it look like this was actually sale prices at the moment :eek:

Please read the terms and conditions .. here is a cut and paste of the most important ones. I means that you can't cancel and re-book your current ship and cruise date and get a price drop......

Any existing booking (Offer Status, Booked Status & Courtesy Hold) that is cancelled on or after 24 July 2014 and subsequently rebooked for the same ship and sailing within the offer period will not be eligible to receive the offer

•Any eligible booking that is cancelled and then reinstated after 15 September 2014 will no longer be eligible for the offer

•Any booking that is modified after the promotion has ended will result in the loss of the promotion. Examples of changes that will result in the promotion being forfeit are including, but not limited to; change of ship, sail date, category booked, amending the travel agency ID or selecting an alternate price/promotion.

I'm quite surprised that it is actually cheaper to book now than when the sale wasn't on as most the cruises I've looked at are exactly the same price as before or more because they increased the fares so much for the first person that it makes no difference. :p

You must have booked when they upped the prices just to make it look like this was actually sale prices at the moment :eek:

Pricing is quite weird with this promotion. I'd suggest each person checks if interested, as some reductions aren't so great, but some are more significant. Some I've looked at have been the lowest for some time... but still not appealing enough for me to book ;-)

Thanks for that. I had read on RCL forums that people had noticed prices gone up so much be a sale around the corner. Walloa.

Just found that Cruise Fare of "11N New Zealand Cruise" with Travel date January 25, 2015 : has dropped significantly from $1,549 (on June 15,2014) into $1,196 (today, August 3, 2014 GMT +7). Screenshot attached.

The total cost (after discount) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category (Promenade) and number of guests has dropped from $2,688 into $2,210.

Promo1s.jpg.d3c18cc40f3b45e85df3f431c2873946.jpg

Promo2s.jpg.1ef84e0de64427d0cffb69f40e46237c.jpg

Edited by j_wong

Just found that Cruise Fare of "11N New Zealand Cruise" with Travel date January 25, 2015 : has dropped significantly from $1,549 (on June 15,2014) into $1,196 (today, August 3, 2014 GMT +7). Screenshot attached.

The total cost (after discount) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category (Promenade) and number of guests has dropped from $2,688 into $2,210.

That is a nice saving. Have you booked.?:D

That is a nice saving. Have you booked.?:D

I have made a booking for Jan.17, 2016 sailing date, because I have to finalize some project until mid 2015 :(

Edited by j_wong

Azamara seems to have a BOGOHO as well for sailings until December 2014. When I checked prices on their site and did a dummy booking it did not show up but an online TA in Aus seemed to have it as the price reflected the 50% companion fare.

Yes, we noticed the prices going up forecasting this sale, it was just a matter of time.:D

Yep, as you said, horses birthday sale.

Very strange thing happened when i did a dummy booking. As soon as i entered my C&A number, the price reverted to no discount. Then i made a hold on a cabin and they wanted $1600 dep instead of the normal $800. Is this because the cruise is over 18 days?

This might just be a case to go through US TA.

Hugh

Very strange thing happened when i did a dummy booking. As soon as i entered my C&A number, the price reverted to no discount. Then i made a hold on a cabin and they wanted $1600 dep instead of the normal $800. Is this because the cruise is over 18 days?

Hugh

I am not sure why the larger deposit is required, perhaps there is several cruises involved and you are paying a deposit for each cruise.:D

Hugh

Here you go.... as far as i can remember has always been the case here....only time it changes if reduced deposit is mentioned in a sale..... half the price in the US :(

Deposit amounts vary by cruise duration as follows:

Cruise duration

Deposit per person

1–6 nights

AU$200

7–14 nights

AU$400

15+ nights and Cruisetours

AU$800

Edited by badgerbill

I am not sure why the larger deposit is required, perhaps there is several cruises involved and you are paying a deposit for each cruise.:D

Here you go.... as far as i can remember has always been the case here....only time it changes if reduced deposit is mentioned in a sale..... half the price in the US :(

Deposit amounts vary by cruise duration as follows:

Cruise duration

Deposit per person

1–6 nights

AU$200

7–14 nights

AU$400

15+ nights and Cruisetours

AU$800

I have never paid more than $800 dep so Rang RCCL today, got through straight away surprise surprise. Asked why the bigger deposit and agent said sometimes they apply the larger deposits depending on the nature of the cruise. He refused to investigate or to ask a supervisor. I basically told him he was full of bs. Kept saying it was not a computer glitch and that was the deposit we would have to pay if we wanted to keep the reservation.

Email has been sent to US TA.

Shiona, this is for the HK cruise. Seeing that the price has come back to the original i will get a reservation on it now before it goes back up again. Fingers crossed i will get a favourable response. Let you know on the roll call later if i have been successful.

Hugh

BOGOHO seems to be a mixed bag - we booked an Alaskan cruise back in the May sale and got a good price, at the time people were saying that they that RCI had recently increased the cruise price to cover for the sale - with the new "sale" (August) price is approx. $700 dearer than what we paid in May!:eek:

So we are happy with the deal we got in May.

Hugh

Do you mean $1600/person, or $800/person? As the cruise is over 18 days, the deposit required from their terms is $800/person for a standard cabin, which comes to $1600 for two.

[quote name=cassamanda;43625819

Shiona' date=' this is for the HK cruise. Seeing that the price has come back to the original i will get a reservation on it now before it goes back up again. Fingers crossed i will get a favourable response. Let you know on the roll call later if i have been successful.

Hugh[/quote]

Good luck Hugh :)

Do you mean $1600/person, or $800/person? As the cruise is over 18 days, the deposit required from their terms is $800/person for a standard cabin, which comes to $1600 for two.

Thanks for your response. That would be $800 pp. have heard from other cc members as well that because cruise is over 14 nights and the cabin is a JS then the higher deposit applies.

I can accept that but i also rang rccl and they could not and would not tell me the reason as you have done.

I have now secured the booking at a cheaper price by using an Ozzie TA with minimal deposit.

I have now secured the booking at a cheaper price by using an Ozzie TA with minimal deposit.

Glad you got to the bottom of it - it's not always easy finding some key details in advance from the cruise lines.

Regarding your booking, I have heard of some TAs offering a lower deposit, but the tradeoff is they require final payment substantially earlier.

You might want to double check the final payment date they have given you to see whether it suits - if not, some will let you change to deposit/final payment dates if you prefer. If you got a lower deposit and regular date though, well done!

Glad you got to the bottom of it - it's not always easy finding some key details in advance from the cruise lines.

Regarding your booking, I have heard of some TAs offering a lower deposit, but the tradeoff is they require final payment substantially earlier.

You might want to double check the final payment date they have given you to see whether it suits - if not, some will let you change to deposit/final payment dates if you prefer. If you got a lower deposit and regular date though, well done!

The low deposit with earlier final payment suits me in this case as i am departing soon for a month in Alaska/Canada and i didn't want to commit a big deposit that i can use now. I also have the cabin i want at a substantially better price than rccl can give me and slightly what the US TA can do. No obc but i can live with that.

Should have read my cruise booklet which has the deposit explanations in it. Anyway, i'm happy with the outcome.

Hugh

The low deposit with earlier final payment suits me in this case as i am departing soon for a month in Alaska/Canada and i didn't want to commit a big deposit that i can use now. I also have the cabin i want at a substantially better price than rccl can give me and slightly what the US TA can do. No obc but i can live with that.

Should have read my cruise booklet which has the deposit explanations in it. Anyway, i'm happy with the outcome.

Hugh

Glad it worked out and enjoy Alaska and Canada, they are wonderful places and you are going at a glorious time of year to see them both.:D