Best/Cheapest transportation to Miami Port?

Hi. I will be in a party of three sailing on the Majesty of the Seas. I am not sure if I will be flying to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. My question is, what is the cheapest way to get to the port from the airport for a party of three? Both Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Thanks

From the airport in Miami: Super Shuttle is $10 per person and a taxi is $21 flat rate to the Port of Miami (plus tip). For three people the taxi is less expensive.

From the Fort Lauderdale airport: Not sure of exact taxi fare to Port Everglades, but it should be no more than about $15 or so (that was the amount we paid a while back, with tip).

From Fort Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami, or Miami airport to Port Everglades, you might want to check the transportation options listed on the airport web sites. That can be a hefty fare--a shuttle or car service can be a better option than a taxi.

What is the earliest flight leaving from Miami Airport on a sunday after returning from the Port of Miami........Is 11:30 OK?????? Or is Miami like Ft Lauderdale and absolute mess to get through oni the weekend after the ships arrive in port on a January Weekend.

Rich in N VA

Both MIA and FLL are a mess on winter weekends, but FLL is worse. If you're sailing into the Port of Miami though you shouldn't have any problem making an 11:30am flight under normal circumstances. Make sure they know onboard though, and get early disembarkation.

As far as transportation, between MIA and the Port of Miami taxis are a flat rate of $21 per cab, SuperShuttle is less, but if there are more than 2 in your party it's cheaper to take a taxi.

The cheapest way to get from FLL to the Port of Miami is either to just rent a small car, OR take Tri-County Transportation's AIRPORT EXPRESS... http://www.floridalimo.com/

If you're flying into FLL and sailing from Port Everglades just grab a taxi. The airport and port are adjacent and it's about a $10 cab ride.

We sailed the Majesty last year and flew in and out of Miami. I have heard Ft. L. is usually cheaper to fly into.(We used Frequent Flier miles, so it didn't matter for us.) We stayed in a hotel the night before the cruise. It was around $25 for the cab ride to there and then we had a cruise transfer to the pier(not very far away.)

We had a 12:30 flight out I think. Our color was the first one called off the ship and we were at the airport by 9, I think. I know we had to wait a looong time at the Miami airport. So, I would think an 11:30 flight would be fine. I have heard that instead of putting your luggage outside the night before, you can just carry it off the ship with you. Does anyone else know about this? Is so, that would save time as we had to wait almost 45 min, until our luggage came around after getting off the ship.

We cruised MOS last April and flew into Miami. We were picked up by the hotel shuttle, Holiday Inn/Airport, and taken to port the next morning. No additional charges for the shuttle. It was very easy. Very friendly staff.

I've pretty well decided on a limo (town car, actually) for transport between FLL and Port of Miami.

Cheaper and nicer than a cab. Quicker and nicer than a shuttle. Quicker and much less hassle than a rental car... unless you're coming in the day before, in which case rent a car.

"Larry's Limo's" gets good reviews here. http://larryslimo.com/ Town car is $150 roundtrip ($125, plus 20% mandatory gratuity). A stretch limo would be $40 more. They meet you in baggage claim, holding the little sign with your name on it. Coming back, you give them a call when you clear customs and the driver swoops in from a waiting area off-site.

We had use a Town Car also, Peugot Limousine Corp. From FL to POM it was $55.00 for the three of us. We will use him again to POM for 4 this time and he said it would still be $55.00 + (tip). John was super nice and car was clean and cool. PH(954-547-7522)Fax: 954-322-2513 Page: 305-605-2233

Archived