Shoes for viking danbue in November

angelle

I live in Europe, so I am used to the weather in our neck of the woods :D

In November, you can be very lucky with the weather (last year we were having lunch on the terrace at work in November) or it just rains. Snow in November is more rare, but is a possibility as well. Also, in cities snow will usually be removed from most streets, so you won't be walking through ankle or even knee high snow.

From a fashion point of view for your sixteen year old, I would get a pair of flat boots with a good grip and a high shaft (shaped similar to classic riding boots), with a soft and warm lining. These can be worn with woollen tights and a skirt if tempreature allows or skinny jeans stuffed into the boots and actually look pretty cute. Make sure she can wear an extra pair of socks in the boots.

I sometimes bring a second pair of socks when I go out in winter and try to keep them warm in the pockets of my coat or my purse. When my feet freeze, I can simply swap into the warm and dry pair of socks. Very handy for long trips in winter.

Enjoy your trip!

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this thread. Last year I bought a pair of waterproof ankle boots by Clarks that I have worn on two cruises so far. Plan to take them on another fall cruise this year. Have gotten lots of compliments on them, plus they are ultra comfortable and definitely withstand a walk in the rain and on cobblestones. Have a little heel which adds to the the "cute" factor. I have a narrow foot (SSS for dress shoes) & ordered a regular narrow so I could wear heavier socks. The shoes are lace up, so gives me some flexibilty in their fit. I also added some mink oil to them to increase the watershed factor.

I also travel with a pair of "wellness" new balance shoes that work well as long it is not too wet, though don't keep my feet as warm.

As with others who have responded I only get my shoes online from "stores" that provide free shipping and returns.

As with others who have responded I only get my shoes online from "stores" that provide free shipping and returns.

While that might be nice for new options, it's often not the cheapest option - I definitely look around at all options when I'm buying brands with which I'm familiar.

That shipping is paid for somewhere - nothing is "free":p

While that might be nice for new options, it's often not the cheapest option - I definitely look around at all options when I'm buying brands with which I'm familiar.

That shipping is paid for somewhere - nothing is "free":p

Every shopper has their own process. Comparison shopping across multiple "shipping free" sites works for me...saves me time and money. My priority when shopping for travel shoes is maximum comfort, while hoping for a little style too.

Good to hear from others on brands. It's not easy to find good comfy travel shoes for finicky feet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Every shopper has their own process. Comparison shopping across multiple "shipping free" sites works for me...saves me time and money. My priority when shopping for travel shoes is maximum comfort, while hoping for a little style too.

Good to hear from others on brands. It's not easy to find good comfy travel shoes for finicky feet.

I'm right there with you! Comfort above all else for me. Nothing "cute" about the pained expression on my face if my feet hurt.

tipsygirl, can you tell us the name/or order number for the boots you bought from Clarks....or give us an online link?

Name of the shoe is Clark's Artisan Collection Leyden Bell. I bought them on Zappos, but did not find any there today. Did find them today on Shoebuy and Amazon.

I'm also hunting shoes for my December Christmas market cruise, I have a super slim width foot (6A narrow heel) and my Clarks waterproof bootie style boots eat my socks and my feet, I also nearly froze my feet off wearing them in NYC in Dec. even with a double layer of warm socks :( Not wanting to spend a ton of money but don't want my feet to hurt and I want to be warm, I really hope I am able to find a nice pair of tall shaft boots that have the lacing that allows you to cinch them on your legs, I feel like this would help hold them on and keep them from eating my socks. I have a very bad track record with tennis shoes, booties and any closed in shoe (luckily I live in central FL and flip flops are my shoe of choice) and I really need to make a decision soon so that I can break them in.

I'm also hunting shoes for my December Christmas market cruise, I have a super slim width foot (6A narrow heel) and my Clarks waterproof bootie style boots eat my socks and my feet, I also nearly froze my feet off wearing them in NYC in Dec. even with a double layer of warm socks :( Not wanting to spend a ton of money but don't want my feet to hurt and I want to be warm, I really hope I am able to find a nice pair of tall shaft boots that have the lacing that allows you to cinch them on your legs, I feel like this would help hold them on and keep them from eating my socks. I have a very bad track record with tennis shoes, booties and any closed in shoe (luckily I live in central FL and flip flops are my shoe of choice) and I really need to make a decision soon so that I can break them in.

I am another that spends most of her life in flip flops or barefoot.

My feet are narrow but not as narrow as yours.

My best purchase in years for the Christmas market season in Europe are my Sorel Tolfino boots. They lace all the way up to the knee and are extremely comfy and lightweight. They are also great in rain and snow - my feet stayed completely dry in many wearings in both.

I am another that spends most of her life in flip flops or barefoot.

My feet are narrow but not as narrow as yours.

My best purchase in years for the Christmas market season in Europe are my Sorel Tolfino boots. They lace all the way up to the knee and are extremely comfy and lightweight. They are also great in rain and snow - my feet stayed completely dry in many wearings in both.

Thanks I will check them out, it is very important that I get some good shoes. Did you order a size up in these or the size you normally wear? More concerned about length with extra socks on.

Made final payment today and I am sooooo excited!

Edited by wednesday