Oasis room change, what to do?

My vote is stay where you are. The ship is huge. If you change to the 3rd floor, you will have to always go up, to get to everything. This means you always will need an elevator. Stay on the 9th floor, and you will be a simple stair climb or descent to most of everything. Honestly, looking out the window at the ocean is nice, but do you plan on sitting on your bed, and looking out the ocean, or enjoying this ship?

Location is everything on this ship!

For me it would depend on the size of the window, I know I had two ocean view rooms on the Liberty on my first two cruises ever and one time the window was really big and the second time it was like a port hole. I wouldnt waste 10 cents on a port hole window. But maybe the Oasis class ships has bigger windows ?

Which cabin did you have on Liberty with a porthole? All of the ocean view rooms on the Voyager/Freedom/Oaisis class ships have the large round windows.

Which cabin did you have on Liberty with a porthole? All of the ocean view rooms on the Voyager/Freedom/Oaisis class ships have the large round windows.[/quo

I know it was the 36?? side right close to the theatre but the people in other rooms had bigger windows. Ill look back tonight and see what the room number was

Which cabin did you have on Liberty with a porthole? All of the ocean view rooms on the Voyager/Freedom/Oaisis class ships have the large round windows.
Many people call any round window on a ship a "porthole", no matter the size or whether it is capable of being opened.

I don't like how low the 3rd floor is from everything so I think we will stay with the CP room. Thanks for the feedback. Like I said with over a year left I could still change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You made the right decision. I'd definitely take a deck 9 CP view over a deck 3 OV, too. As much time as you have, a CP balcony may come way down in price.

Deck 3 is a long way from everything on this ship.

Edited by mommabean

We were in an OV on deck 3 (different ship) and I loved being so close to the water. The sea was right there! I watched small birds playing in the waves and when we were in port, I could watch boats coming and going right by me. But, because I have mobility issues, I do spend quite a bit of time in my cabin and use the lifts all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by happybos

When I booked Oasis, I asked the guy on the phone, "would you rather have an outside balcony or a Boardwalk balcony." His response:

"If you've cruised before, you've seen the ocean. It always looks the same. But if you've never been on Oasis or Allure, remember - those are the only two ships in the world where you can have a balcony overlooking the boardwalk and still be outside."

The choice is yours, but what a unique experience to look at the "inside" of a ship that is actually outside.

That is the exact reason why we booked a boardwalk balcony room!

We're right at the aft. so we can see the ocean and people watch at the same time.

We have a Central Park balcony on our Feb. 2015 cruise. The rates had suddenly gone up a lot and this was the best deal we saw. We had a CP balcony on the Allure a few years ago and I never had the feeling of looking at or being looked at by the balconies across CP. Most people are out and about, and so were we. We were aware they were there, though, and would draw the drapes closed when changing clothes.

We have had Promenade cabins and enjoyed them and what they cost, but with the CP balcony, we enjoy having an actual outside balcony. We even got sun on our CP balcony on the Allure.

We have had ocean balconies and there is nothing like it, but CP balcony will do fine for us. We also like the deck 11 location.

I will watch for the price to possibly fall, and look at the cost for a ocean balcony, but we might just be happy with the reduced prince and stay where we are. To each his own!

If a cp balcony drops in price I will jump at that. What about a boardwalk balcony are those just as nice as a cp balcony (view wise)? I think I picked cp view because I wanted mid ship (I get bad motion sickness).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As you can see, there is no consensus answer to your question. I would stick with your CP view unless a balcony (of whatever type) opens up at a good price.

I purposely chose a BW balcony over a CP balcony on Oasis because I have looked at the ocean plenty and want the experience of something unique. I also chose boardwalk over CP because you can look out to the back of the ship and still see the ocean, and boardwalk is more lively - which I wanted.

It's all a matter of taste. I really don't think one of the balconies closer to the middle of the ship in boardwalk section would be any different movement wise - especially on such a huge, stable ship.

Something to think about...are you sensitive to motion sickness? If so, the lower deck 3 option (particularly midship) cabin will have less movement than something on a higher deck. I've stayed all over on the ships and after booking a lower level ocean view, I was amazed at how much less movement we felt being low on the ship. It was considerably less.

That said, on a ship like the one you'll be on, you most likely won't be in the room much.

Edited by travln1234