Oasis room change, what to do?

So I am currently booked in an central park view room (not a balcony) on deck 9, but just saw that for $20 more I can get an ocean view room but it's on deck 3. Since this is our first cruise I don't know if this is a good deal, and if I want to move to deck 3. It's not until Oct. 2015 so should I wait, book new room or just keep current room?

When I booked Oasis, I asked the guy on the phone, "would you rather have an outside balcony or a Boardwalk balcony." His response:

"If you've cruised before, you've seen the ocean. It always looks the same. But if you've never been on Oasis or Allure, remember - those are the only two ships in the world where you can have a balcony overlooking the boardwalk and still be outside."

The choice is yours, but what a unique experience to look at the "inside" of a ship that is actually outside.

I'd go with the CP room, but imagine that I'm in the distinct minority. Is the Ocean View also mid-ship? For us mid-ship is probably more important than the view. Note that the CP View lists at 194 sq.ft. and the Deck 3 OV lists at 174 sq.ft. Either one gets you on the ship, and IMO that is the most important thing:)

Thom

When I booked Oasis, I asked the guy on the phone, "would you rather have an outside balcony or a Boardwalk balcony." His response:

"If you've cruised before, you've seen the ocean. It always looks the same. But if you've never been on Oasis or Allure, remember - those are the only two ships in the world where you can have a balcony overlooking the boardwalk and still be outside."

The choice is yours, but what a unique experience to look at the "inside" of a ship that is actually outside.

Not as a negative but as a reality - looking at your neighbors across the way as well. I'm with the OV crowd.

My personal opinion is it is unique for about a day :) It's neat to see a mini-park on a ship but it's not *that* neat and it's better experienced walking around in it....like any park :)

You're on a boat, look at the ocean. The only advantage the CP room will give you is if you plan on spending a lot of time on a tiny balcony people-watching.

I'd go with the CP room, but imagine that I'm in the distinct minority. Is the Ocean View also mid-ship? For us mid-ship is probably more important than the view. Note that the CP View lists at 194 sq.ft. and the Deck 3 OV lists at 174 sq.ft. Either one gets you on the ship, and IMO that is the most important thing:)

Thom

OP, you will look out your window maybe a total of 10 seconds out of your entire 24 hour day, especially on this ship.

You should definitely stay on the upper decks close to all the awesome action and amenities rather than deck 3 of this ship imho as you will be walking distance to most everything.

Their choice was CP, not boardwalk.

I don't like how low the 3rd floor is from everything so I think we will stay with the CP room. Thanks for the feedback. Like I said with over a year left I could still change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't like how low the 3rd floor is from everything so I think we will stay with the CP room. Thanks for the feedback. Like I said with over a year left I could still change my mind.

Track the overall pricing for your cruise to watch for other locations and category staterooms that my show more attractive pricing as well. You have until final payment to confirm your stateroom selection.

So I am currently booked in an central park view room (not a balcony) on deck 9, but just saw that for $20 more I can get an ocean view room but it's on deck 3. Since this is our first cruise I don't know if this is a good deal, and if I want to move to deck 3. It's not until Oct. 2015 so should I wait, book new room or just keep current room?

Deck 9 is and particular those view rooms are more centrally located vertically on the ship. I could live with either if I had to. Enjoy your cruise.

Keep checking... (over time, I mean)

We upgraded cabins quite a bit on our recent Oasis cruise after final payment. About $20pp.

you can change cabins right up to the end. I think our record for cabin changing is 4 or 5 times we moved to what we thought was a better cabin. No harm in moving. Likewise, no harm in staying.

not only for view but for fresh air and light in your cabin....

walking out on your own balcony and avoiding the herds,

worth the extra money every time....

check prices right after final payment

not only for view but for fresh air and light in your cabin....

walking out on your own balcony and avoiding the herds,

worth the extra money every time....

check prices right after final payment

Good point.:)

I would pick the CP in this case as I have found lower deck OV windows on ships tend to be dirty, & quickly get hard to see out of because of salt spray. I will state I have never been in an OV on an Oasis class ship so Oasis OV's may or may not have this problem.

For me it would depend on the size of the window, I know I had two ocean view rooms on the Liberty on my first two cruises ever and one time the window was really big and the second time it was like a port hole. I wouldnt waste 10 cents on a port hole window. But maybe the Oasis class ships has bigger windows ?

Edited by trev71