FOS and St Maartin

iriemon

Going on FOS later this month and stopping at St. Maartin. Want to go to Orient Beach but would rather not do a tour. Does anyone know what the cab fare is from the port to the beach? Are there usually taxis available coming back? Thanks for your help.

Going on FOS later this month and stopping at St. Maartin. Want to go to Orient Beach but would rather not do a tour. Does anyone know what the cab fare is from the port to the beach? Are there usually taxis available coming back? Thanks for your help.

lots of cabs available to Orient. Not sure if this is accurate but I remember paying $6 a piece. Just ask any bartender or server to get you a cab..there are plenty around when ships are in port

We found it easy to get cabs back. Right at the dividing line between the nude sign and the non-nude side of Orient is a parking lot where there was a person who radioed for a cab for us, took all of 10 minutes. We went from Orient to Maho and that was a longer trip, so we paid more like $20.

When you get off the ship follow the signs to the taxi stand. They are lined up waiting for you. We were charged $8/pp and there were 6 of us. When you are ready to come back there are taxis lined up at the beach so it is no problem.

lots of cabs available to Orient. Not sure if this is accurate but I remember paying $6 a piece. Just ask any bartender or server to get you a cab..there are plenty around when ships are in port

When you get off the ship and need a cab how do you go about finding a bartender?

confused??

You can also rent a Jeep for the day for around $50-$60 right at the port.

Thats what we have done a couple times.

Works out well.......

Can you give me info on the company and location you rented this from? Is traffic hard to drive in there? What documentation do you need to rent one? Sorry for the questions, but I like the idea of having my own car for that little of money!