Caribbean Princess dinner plan over Christmas

michelle.zhang.90

We booked Dec 22 Caribbean 5 days cruise on CB. We would like to go to some formal dinning as well as the buffet. Which plan we should choose? All time or 6:00 pm? Many thanks!

Pick 6:00 traditional.

If you get to the ship and wish to change to Anytime -- no problem.

If you pick anytime, you probably won't be able to change to traditional

as it is usually full.

Thank you! Traditional 6:00 confirmed!

So since I picked 6:00 traditional, can I still go to other anytime dining rooms to eat? Say after or before my 6:00 dinning? Just curious.:)0

Yes, but then you're leaving seats empty that no one else can use and adding to the lines for Anytime diners who have no other option. It's kind of like reserving two loungers per person at the pool, one in the sun and one in the shade. Princess allows Traditional diners to go to Anytime but it's really not fair to the Anytime diners.

Yes, but then you're leaving seats empty that no one else can use and adding to the lines for Anytime diners who have no other option. It's kind of like reserving two loungers per person at the pool, one in the sun and one in the shade. Princess allows Traditional diners to go to Anytime but it's really not fair to the Anytime diners.

Got it. Thanks!

Just wishing we'll have chance to try the traditional dinning room. Can we go two nights and tell them in advance we will not go anymore?

The only difference between the "traditional" dinning room and the "anytime" dinning rooms is that you are assigned a set time (early or late) and a table that you are always at. Otherwise, same food options at all three.

Will there be a lot of waiting for anytime dining?

Just like a restaurant on land, there will be lines if you choose to dine at a popular time. You're given a pager and can go sit and have a drink somewhere while you wait.

Just to clarify, the Traditional dining room and the dining rooms used for Anytime dining are identical in every respect: same decor, same menu, same dress code. So you aren't missing out on anything by selecting Anytime instead of Traditional, while AD will give you the flexibility to show up when it's convenient for you and eat at the buffet or a specialty restaurant one or two nights without having to worry about being expected in the dining room by your assigned tablemates/waitstaff.

It sounds like you're new to Princess. I would strongly recommend that you check out the Princess Answer Book (link: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp), which contains tons of very useful information and answers to questions you may not have even thought to ask.

Just like a restaurant on land, there will be lines if you choose to dine at a popular time. You're given a pager and can go sit and have a drink somewhere while you wait.

Just to clarify, the Traditional dining room and the dining rooms used for Anytime dining are identical in every respect: same decor, same menu, same dress code. So you aren't missing out on anything by selecting Anytime instead of Traditional, while AD will give you the flexibility to show up when it's convenient for you and eat at the buffet or a specialty restaurant one or two nights without having to worry about being expected in the dining room by your assigned tablemates/waitstaff.

It sounds like you're new to Princess. I would strongly recommend that you check out the Princess Answer Book (link: http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp), which contains tons of very useful information and answers to questions you may not have even thought to ask.

Thank you! Just start to read it this morning! Great info! Thank you!

Will there be a lot of waiting for anytime dining?

I believe that it depends on the ship, itinerary, or the passenger mix. We have done anytime dining on every one of our Princess cruises except the old Regal. On all except the Grand 10 years ago we have never waited longer than 5 or so minutes. We have never paid much attention to the time that we go (for us that is the point of anytime dining), it is usually between 6 and 9. So maybe we have just been lucky with the times and our experience of having little or no waiting.

Whatever you decide to do let us know how it works out. :cool:

I believe that it depends on the ship, itinerary, or the passenger mix. We have done anytime dining on every one of our Princess cruises except the old Regal. On all except the Grand 10 years ago we have never waited longer than 5 or so minutes. We have never paid much attention to the time that we go (for us that is the point of anytime dining), it is usually between 6 and 9. So maybe we have just been lucky with the times and our experience of having little or no waiting.

Whatever you decide to do let us know how it works out. :cool:

Thank you very much for the useful info! Will do!

Just wishing we'll have chance to try the traditional dinning room. Can we go two nights and tell them in advance we will not go anymore?

If you are signed up for traditional, you are not forced to eat there every evening.

Just let your waitstaff know in advance when you will not be there so they do not delay service to the others at the table waiting for you to arrive.

Some passengers in traditional only show up on formal evenings. Some others show up every night but formal evenings.

That is a good plan. Go to the traditional dining room.

See if you are comfortable with waiter/junior, and table

mates.

If you don't like it, or don't like having to go at a specific time

then switch to anytime for the rest of the cruise.

But, if you don't choose traditional in advance, you will probably

not be able to get it once onboard.

We have waited up to an hour for a table for four.

Wow. I would be cranky-pants after that!

I took one short cruise in July, and I have another booked

in a few weeks. I had read here that anytime on short

cruises can be challenging, so I booked traditional for both.

Nothing ruins Mrs. Pablo's dinner like having me complain

the entire time.

That is a good plan. Go to the traditional dining room.

See if you are comfortable with waiter/junior, and table

mates.

If you don't like it, or don't like having to go at a specific time

then switch to anytime for the rest of the cruise.

But, if you don't choose traditional in advance, you will probably

not be able to get it once onboard.

That's the plan then! Thank you!