Crystal Cave excursion in Bermuda - yay or nay?

Easy to get to the caves. Bermuda has an excellent public transportation system. Buy the day or multi-day pass, gives you access to all the busses and ferries.

Another consideration is timing. We did the RCI excursion that included the caves, aquarium, and zoo. It was nice to have the bus waiting for us. It would have probably taken longer if we did it all ourselves. However, if you are just doing the caves, then doing your own transportation would work fine.

I'm a beach person too but I loved the caves. Bus will drop you off around the corner, right in front of The Swizzle Inn. Resist the temptation to go there first ;). Much better to get all the stairs in the caves over with before tackling the big pitcher of rum punch at Swizzle Inn... or maybe that's just me. We did both caves onsite & enjoyed them. Amazing pics. My advice would be to wear real shoes (like sneakers as opposed to sandals), as the stairs are many & can be a little slippery without good traction. We left the boat around 9 am, went to the caves, had lunch at the inn, swaggered out, caught the bus to Horseshoe Bay beach & spent the rest of the day. Enjoy! Bermuda is our favorite vacation destination.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Here's another tip. If you take the bus, don't sit up front unless you love roller coaster rides and the excitement of near collisions. If the windows are down, sit on the right side of the bus. The only thing that trims those road side trees are the buses. :D

Oh yea, the Swizzle Inn is a must if you're in the neighborhood.

Edited by Big_G

Here's another tip. If you take the bus, don't sit up front unless you love roller coaster rides and the excitement of near collisions. If the windows are down, sit on the right side of the bus. The only thing that trims those road side trees are the buses. :D

Oh yea, the Swizzle Inn is a must if you're in the neighborhood.

Great big fat yeah to Crystal Caves and the Swizzlie Inn is just across the road. Go to the caves first. You'll thank me later. :)

I completely agree with the others--the caves are OK, but the Swizzle Inn is a must-do if you like fruity adult beverages! :D

As others have said, the public transportation in Bermuda is fantastic. You can get just about anywhere easily by bus.

One more tip. You won't miss much by only doing one cave. ;)

We did one cave and it was plenty.

We went to Swizzle Inn for lunch and then to the caves. It was later in the day so the caves weren't that crowded. Make sure you check the times before you go.

It's really easy to get to the caves on your own. We did the caves and the beach in the same day.

What we did was take the ferry to St. George and then get the bus to the caves (I think you want either the #1 or 3). After the caves we took the bus to Hamilton (again the #1 or 3) and then switched to one going to the south shore beaches (#7). After a few hours at the beach we took the #7 back to the dockyard.

I'd say we left on a ferry around 9am and got back to the dockyard around 5pm.

It's really easy to get to the caves on your own. We did the caves and the beach in the same day.

What we did was take the ferry to St. George and then get the bus to the caves (I think you want either the #1 or 3). After the caves we took the bus to Hamilton (again the #1 or 3) and then switched to one going to the south shore beaches (#7). After a few hours at the beach we took the #7 back to the dockyard.

I'd say we left on a ferry around 9am and got back to the dockyard around 5pm.

That's a good point about taking the ferry when you can. The caves can be reached by bus or a combination of bus/ferry, and we found that the ferry saves much time.