How can I find out which nights are formal?

Tropic5115

I have family members who are sailing on the Regal this October (Barcelona to Venice), how can we find out which nights are the formal nights? They are really into formal nights and want to make sure not to plan any tours that won't get them back with plenty of time to get ready.

I have family members who are sailing on the Regal this October (Barcelona to Venice), how can we find out which nights are the formal nights? They are really into formal nights and want to make sure not to plan any tours that won't get them back with plenty of time to get ready.[/quote

made an error as i didnt know there was so many port days and only 2 sea days

Edited by rkmw

I've wondered about that too. It's a shame they don't publish it on the itinerary. I assume formal nights are planned well in advance and are not a last minute decision.

if you check out the travel itinerary it will tell you how many formal nights on your cruise....we have booked a 14 nighter and we have 2 only so it should be the 1st sea day and maybe the 2nd last night but they could throw an extra one in the middle as we have a few sea days

If the ship is sailing the same itinerary before this cruise, ask people on the rollcall thread or look for reviews. Otherwise, you are sort of left to guess if they will wait to do it on the sea days or else one of the ports that you leave before 6.

Edited by geoherb

Actually, the only way to know for sure is when you embark, check the patter. On page 2, it will list the entire itinerary stating which night are formal and which are smart casual.

I just checked the itinerary and my guess would be the two sea days. They usually like to have the last formal night on a sea day before the last night of the cruise. There is a sea day there. The first formal night will probably be on the other sea day as the times for the beginning of the cruise are all later (7 pm or after. That makes having a formal night very difficult on those days.

if you check out the travel itinerary it will tell you how many formal nights on your cruise....we have booked a 14 nighter and we have 2 only so it should be the 1st sea day and maybe the 2nd last night but they could throw an extra one in the middle as we have a few sea days

Normally there are three formal evenings on a 14 day cruise segment.

See the link to the CC thread to obtain definitive proof to answer your question. The first day's newsletter page 2:

Princess Patters for Regal Princess – July 2014 – 12-day Mediterranean Cruise (Barcelona, Spain to Venice, Italy) by CC member “downsmead” (Karen)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hi20xxo0...wQWcM5XV2WHBDa

(If the link doesn't work, go to the last page of the Princess Forum titled "Princess Patter Sites" a couple of question past this one at time of submission.)

Edited by WonderingWanderer