Comfort Suites FLL area info

Chillidog

Awesome. Thanks for the link. That's the one I booked with.

We've booked with them too...but with Expedia as you mentioned above. Although our night is sold out, it is still showing with Expedia under "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel". I was planning on giving them a call before we go anyways not only to confirm our reservation, but to verify how we go about calling for the airport shuttle when we arrive. Thank you DanJ for the website link.

Enjoy your upcomming cruise.

Edited by LuCruise

Booked them several days ago thru Trivago, booking site was booking.com Two nites in mid Feb. for $264.00 tax included. Different sites prices are all over the place. Will be contacting them in a few days to confirm reservation. This is something we always do before travelling Hotels, car rental, anywhere I have made a reservation, I hate surprises. Another hint be sure to contact your credit card co. before traveling to let them know about charges from another area than your home.

Booked them several days ago thru Trivago, booking site was booking.com Two nites in mid Feb. for $264.00 tax included. Different sites prices are all over the place. Will be contacting them in a few days to confirm reservation. This is something we always do before travelling Hotels, car rental, anywhere I have made a reservation, I hate surprises. Another hint be sure to contact your credit card co. before traveling to let them know about charges from another area than your home.

I noticed too that prices are all over. We actually switched from La Quinta as i noticed a very low price one day (i think around when it was no longer Comfort Suites) and then the price was back up to $100 more). I'm sure all is fine and it's just the transition. That would be great if you could report back about your stay.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

We've booked with them too...but with Expedia as you mentioned above. Although our night is sold out, it is still showing with Expedia under "Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel". I was planning on giving them a call before we go anyways not only to confirm our reservation, but to verify how we go about calling for the airport shuttle when we arrive. Thank you DanJ for the website link.

Enjoy your upcomming cruise.

When I printed out my confirmation, it gave directions with a number to call for the shuttle. Does yours say that? If not, I can give you the number mine said just to compare. :)

When I printed out my confirmation, it gave directions with a number to call for the shuttle. Does yours say that? If not, I can give you the number mine said just to compare. :)

DH booked the hotel and i don't have the booking in front of me but I don't remember seeing any such number. That would be great if you could share. Thank ms.

Just off phone with cruise port inn, room reservation is confirmed. We are staying Feb 17 & 18 . Seen on an earlier post someone mentioned Giberts, supposedly the best place in Ft. Lauderdale for burgers. The publix grocery which is a short walk away has a good wine selection. They also have a fairly good deli if you want to eat in your room. Hopefully the young man who was behind the counter last year has learned which piece of chicken is which.:D Happy cruising:)

DH booked the hotel and i don't have the booking in front of me but I don't remember seeing any such number. That would be great if you could share. Thank ms.

This was in my email:

Shuttle Pick Up:

After you have claimed your luggage, call the hotel at 954-767-8700 option 0 to request a shuttle pickup. Provide your location and the representative will dispatch the shuttle and direct you to the shuttle pickup area.

Just off phone with cruise port inn, room reservation is confirmed. We are staying Feb 17 & 18 . Seen on an earlier post someone mentioned Giberts, supposedly the best place in Ft. Lauderdale for burgers. The publix grocery which is a short walk away has a good wine selection. They also have a fairly good deli if you want to eat in your room. Hopefully the young man who was behind the counter last year has learned which piece of chicken is which.:D Happy cruising:)

Glad to hear all is confirmed. Thanks for sharing. Come back and let us know how things went when you return if you can.

This was in my email:

Shuttle Pick Up:

After you have claimed your luggage, call the hotel at 954-767-8700 option 0 to request a shuttle pickup. Provide your location and the representative will dispatch the shuttle and direct you to the shuttle pickup area.

Thank you so much. I have noted the number and instructions in my "Allure" document.

hunt182644, thanks for reporting back about your confirmation. I've heard of Gilberts mentioned as well, along with Publix and the wine store if you want to bring 2 bottles on board. It seems like it's in a great area . Your cruise is coming up soon. Have a great time!

• 2 months later...

The hotel was "remodeled" they said, but to me, it still appeared old, especially the hallway. You could tell the place was older.

One complaint I would have is that there are only 2 elevators in the hotel and they are SLOW. We would stand forever waiting on them and they would be so crowded and take forever. Especially when it's a busy time (like in the morning when people are coming down for breakfast or trying to check out).

Their hot breakfast was decent, but never any place to actually sit. It was CROWDED and people were flowing into the reception area trying to find seating (or the other option was to take it back to your room to eat...IF you could get an elevator that didn't take so long that your food would be cold by the time you got back to your room).

All-in-all it served it's purpose of just having a place to sleep the night prior to our cruise. But, I would probably not book this place again in the future and opt for something else. :)