Upgrade or Not? What Would You Do??

Ok, so we are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 young children) currently booked for 2 connecting D3 balcony cabins on Deck 12 on Allure. The opportunity has come up to upgrade to a "W" Deluxe guarantee balcony cabin for about a $100 over what we paid for the 2 balcony cabins. I assume this will likely be a Jr. Suite.

So, having never even seen a suite before much less been in one, do you think we would be better off keeping our dual balconies or upgrading to a JS?

Thoughts??

Ok, so we are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 young children) currently booked for 2 connecting D3 balcony cabins on Deck 12 on Allure. The opportunity has come up to upgrade to a "W" Deluxe guarantee balcony cabin for about a $100 over what we paid for the 2 balcony cabins. I assume this will likely be a Jr. Suite.

So, having never even seen a suite before much less been in one, do you think we would be better off keeping our dual balconies or upgrading to a JS?

Thoughts??

If you don't mind sharing one bathroom with the kids, then I'd go with the "W". It will be a JS or better. Depending on how young the kids are, I might prefer they are in the same stateroom with us. If the kids are teens, then I'd want a separate stateroom.

Edited by clarea

Before making a decision and getting your heart set on this upgrade, give them a call. When suites come down like that and the cat W looks that attractive, it's often for new bookings only. I'd hate for you to get the bad news after putting a lot of thought into it. It can be very frustrating when that happens.

Also, if this is for your cruise in 17 days, you're beyond final payment. Since you have 2 rooms, I don't think you can upgrade both into a single room. I could be wrong though.

Besides, I'd prefer connecting D3s over what would likely be a JS anyways. It's more room, more privacy between sleeping areas, and 2 bathrooms...not to mention a larger combined balcony.

Edited by Aquahound

I would keep the d3's because of the 2 bathrooms + 2 d3's has lots more space than a JS. Open the balcony divider on the d3 and there also will be a larger space than a JS

I would do this as well. Everyone gets his own bed, two baths and two TVs, oh, and a lot more privacy for mom and dad. All you are giving up would be the double points and a bathtub. Much as I love a JS, there are only two of us. Do all JSs even hold four?

I would keep the connecting D3's. It will work out to more square footage of living space for 4 of you and connecting balconies will give you more balcony space. Everyone having a bed, door for privacy, 2 bathrooms, more closet and drawer space, etc. that everyone else mentioned, this would be your better choice (IMHO) and be $100 cheaper - which would equate to dinner at a specialty restaurant for all 4 of you one night (like Giavonni's that I believe is $25 per person) or some extra $$ to spend on whatever incidentals your family may purchase.

Just for reference... a JS is approximately 1.5 the size of a standard balcony cabin. More space for 2 of you than a standard balcony stateroom. However, you will have more space in the connecting staterooms than you will for the 4 of you in the Junior Suite.

Not sure you would even have the option at this point in time--worth the phone call before...

However, I would also keep the two staterooms. Four people trying to get ready with one shower is not optimal. We had our daughter (then 14) in a Jr. Suite with us on Allure. While the configuration allowed for up to four guests in the room, it would be tight in my opinion. The pull out couch does not have a real mattress. It's more like a futon, and unless the kids are really small, it wouldn't hold two people comfortably. Then there is a Pullman bed that drops down from the ceiling. Also only room for one. Depending on how little the kids are, you may not even want one of the kids sleeping on the Pullman.